Chapter 1

I stared blankly at the towns only drug store owner, no, not actual drugs, if he sold drugs everyone would know by the second day that he even touched them. He'd be in jail by now. No, I was staring at Jason Shaw, who owned a drug store with needed necessities. I wasn't staring at him because I found him attractive, no he's already sixty. I'm staring at him trying to block out what he's saying, I can't take feeling that jab in my heart.

The stores Something similar to Walgreens but not Walgreens. We don't have those types of places. We don't have a clothes store, like target, Macy's, Victoria secret, Delia's, rue 21, or justice we just have the 'towns centrum'. We don't have Walmart we have the 'food center' which has everything that's food related. We have no Wendy's or McDonalds, we have 'Carolina's' and 'Donald's' .

No, Donald's isn't like McDonalds, it's a restaurant that Donald Flun opened ten years ago with the BEST food you could have for the cheapest prices. But then again everything in this town is cheep.

Well you get the point. We don't have the usual stores, restaurants, and all that jazzy stuff.

This place is like that place in that one tv show, what's it called? Dixie's heart? No, maybe heart of dixie, ya that's it! This place is tight like that, everyone knows everyone, and is that unusual small town no one knows about or has ever heard of, well we don't have any people running around being called Cricket, Meatball, or Lemon.

Although we do have a Magnolia.

"Emma! Sweetheart I've been telling you '5.69' for the past three minutes." Jason laughed. His teeth showing through his white beard. I gave him a small smile handing him three two dollar bills.

"Keep the change Jason." I told him when he went to pass me the rest. He smiled dropping it in the tip jar as I grabbed my bag ready to leave.

"Emma dear, I almost forgot to mention, he also told me, to ask if you'd like to meet them." I stopped in my tracks. Meet them? Ya, what for? so he can rub in my face that he has a new family. That he doesn't care about me anymore.

"Tell him no Jason."

Then I left, Jason giving me a sad smile on my way out.

I walked down the sidewalks passing by the mayor and his wife. "Good evening miss. Cheverlette. How's your mother?"

I smiled at him, he has no idea. "good, sir." Lie. "How are you two doing?"

The mayors wife interrupted waving her hand excitedly as she started talking in a heavy country accent. "We're great Hun, we where just at dinner with Pete and his wife, Pete wouldn't stop talking about how you won that piano competition Friday knight. How was that dear? Magnolia was also so exited, she said you enchanted the crowd."

I laughed at that. That would be so typical of Mongolia and her dad, "I wasn't that great, Magnolia is just exaggerating, but yes I did win the competition."

"I bet your mom is so proud, did your dad hear? He'd be so exited too."

Ya exited to borrow some winning money. I forced a smile at them while nodding.

"Oh well that's good Emma, I'm sorry but we have to get going. Have a nice day!" The mayor interrupted any further conversation slipping his arm around his wife's lower waist he directedhere away while giving me a apologetic smile.

Waving goodbye I began moving, giving small smiles and nods to anyone else on the way home. These people are overly friendly.

I walked into my unlocked home putting the bag of cookie supplies on the cabinet.

Looking around the silent house, all the lights off, not even a peep. I decide I can't be here any longer. Taking hold of the plastic bag again, I walking out, my mind set on going to Magnolias.