chapter 1: amanda is dead

Start from the beginning

I nodded and the three of us went out of the police station, got in the car, and went to the crime scene.

🔪🔪🔪

I can describe the crime scene to look like this: a wooden cabin in the middle of the woods. The woods, namely Retrowood, is always busy in the morning but silent at night. The cabin where the murder took place is completely abandoned, since the roof is visibly broken from the outside and the windows have not been washed. There was no laundry or even a welcome mat outside. This is a perfect place for a murderer to murder, I said to myself. 

I rolled down the window to let some fresh air in the car. It's about nine in the morning, too early for something bad to happen.

"It gave me a fright!"

I went out of the car first and heard a familiar voice say these words. Though it was a noisy due to the big crowd, this voice can be heard due to being said on a microphone. Believe it or not, it was Cardo, Rina's mysophobic twin. Of course, anything that is dirty will give him a fright.

I saw the dead body of Amanda Othella in front of the cabin's door, on the porch. It is very odd, usually killers hide the bodies of the victim. I might want to check it out once I enter the scene.

The three of us entered the police line. Kyle approached the reporter while Amanda and I went on to look for some evidence. I was on the first step of the porch stairs when Kyle tapped me on the shoulder. He handed me some files. "Here. A reporter written down some useful information that might help you out in finding the criminal." He gave me a smile. "I've written down some theories that may be helpful."

I nodded and placed the files in my sling bag. After that, Kyle, Hanah, and I quickly searched for some evidence and clues that might help out in the investigation. I went a little nearer to Amanda's body to examine it. I realized that she was killed because of being stabbed 3 times on the heart and a slit on the throat.

Dingguts! There is no blood splattered, only on the wounds!

I took several pictures of the body. I took more close ups than long shots. After that I noticed Hanah looking at a pile of grass.

She carefully dig into the pile until she found a clear plastic with an index card in it. "Here," she said, handing me the index card. "Read it and take down observations."

I took the index card from her and read it closely.

"I can say that this isn't written with magic," I said

Kyle sighed, and showed me a poker face. "Dude, we're in Kimini Kingdom," he said. "Magic doesn't work here."

I embarrassingly nodded. Right. Kimini Kingdom is the only country in the whole entire world where magic can't enter. There's something about this place that doesn't allow magic to pass. Even if you write something with magic in another place, bringing it to Kimini Kingdom will show no evidence of you writing it with magic.

"The killer is a right-handed person," I said.

Kyle examined the index card next. "The killer may be a gentleman," he remarked. "Or a gentlewoman... if there is such thing as gentlewoman."

"An aristocrat," Hanah said. "They may be an aristocrat."

I took another look at the index card again. Sensing something odd, I know that there is something else that i missed. At first, I thought it was just my senses playing tricks of me again, like last time when a went to a party and got to the wrong person because my senses told me that it was the person I was looking for. I thought it was that way until I saw the word "Datura". 

Datura... what a weird name... I thought. So I decided to ask if anyone knows what Datura means, but unfortunately, no one knows. Then I thought of the possibilities. What if  Datura is a Real World's word?

I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and quickly searched for my convo with Ron. I texted him, knowing that he is living in the opposite side of the world. He might answer me tonight...

I crossed my arms. "Weird how people make aliases."

Both my companions nodded in agreement.

"And weird how organized killers plan out their murders."