Chapter 14: Dinner with the Reynolds

Start from the beginning

"Uh. Reynolds's Family?" Mom said. The waiter led us to a table with 3 guys and 2 girls. So, these are the Reynolds.

"Julie! Long time no see!" Said the older guy who seems to be the father.

"Ahh! Julie! College times. I miss!" Said the older lady who seems to be the mother. 

"Ben! Catherine! Oh how I miss you guys!" Mom said then they hugged. Me, Boomer, Steph and Bud looked at each other and raised our eyebrows. 

"Ben, Cath, These are my children- Boomer, Stephanie, Bud." Mom said. I lightly slapped mom's arm.

"Hey! What about me?" I said. Mom faked a shocked look.

"I'm sorry. You aren't my daughter." Mom said.

"What? Why not?!" I said. Ugh. What is mom doing?!

"You are too beautiful." Mom said with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, mum. Not now!" I whined. 

"Just kidding. This is my daughter, Hermione." Mom said as she introduced me. I smiled and waved. There was this guy who was staring at me. I shrugged it off. Ew. Lol.

"My,my,my. Your children are so handsome and beautiful! Hermione, you look gorgeous! Are you a model?" Catherine asked. I shook my head.

"No, ma'am. Not famous or anything." I said politely. Catherine and Ben's eyes lit up in amazement.

"Julie, you raised them with poise and manner! Oh this is wonderful! You can just call me Catherine or Cath. You can call my husband, Ben. Okay?" She said. We nodded.

"These are our children- Hugo, Daniel and of course Julie. I named her after you, Juls." Catherine said. Mom smiled really big.

"Aww. You didn't have to!" Mom said.

"I wanted to! Now, let's get eating!" Catherine said. I sat beside Daniel-the one with the same age as me. We were looking through the menu when everyone-except me-whined.

"I don't understand a single thing!" They said. The waiter came to our table and went to me.

"I'll order for you guys." I said. 

"What can I get you, madame?" The waiter said.

"Can we have one Steak Frites, 2 Poulet Frites, Coq Au Vin for me, 3 Pot Au Feu, and 3 Cassoulet. And for the dessert, all of us will have the Profiteroles and Madeleine. For the drinks we'll have a champagne and a Coke for the kid. Thank you." I said. The waiter nodded and went to get out orders. 

When I looked back at them, they were looking at me like I was crazy.

"What?" I said.

"Since when were you going to tell us you were fluent in French?!" My family said. 

"Uh...you never asked! And we're half-French. Duh." I said.

"Wow. Beautiful and speaks French. Amazing!" Ben said. I blushed. Who wouldn't be flattered?

"Could you at least tell us what you ordered for us?" Julie said.

"Uhm. Steak and fries, chicken and fries, rooster in red wine for me, beef stew with mixed vegetables, duck with different sausages served with white beans. For dessert, baked puff pastries filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with melted chocolate and smal cake-like cookies." I said.

"Wow. That sounds delicious." Daniel said. I looked at him and smiled. He looked handsome. Raven black hair that fell messily on his forehead with green eyes. His jawline was like Andrew Garfield's. He was like taken out of the magazine! Uh-oh. I'm having a crush on this Daniel guy.