Pt. 2 (Dates? Dates.)

I asked for this. I really did. Why did I ever think that going to the AMAs with Justin wouldn't result in some big media scandal of some sort?? Well, it did. According to People, I was Justin's newest "fling" and he only wanted me for eye candy. According to Us Weekly I was the reason Justin and Selena broke up. The list went on and on from there of all the things people were assuming I did or that Justin did. To be honest, I was surprised, even though I well knew, I shouldn't be. Molly, Scooter and Justin said since even before the AMAs that this would happen and I believed them, but it still shocked me all the specific things they said. Mostly because I half expected everything to be more along the lines of "Justin's new girlfriend", not his new toy. Basically, my life was becoming a living hell.

Thankfully, there were a few things going on that weren't so horrible. Like the fact that I did get to see Justin more often now. Not quite as often as he would like but enough for me. I'm sure you're wondering, why the hell wasn't I seeing him more?! One word: paparazzi. Simple as that. I got quite enough unwanted "photographers" outside everywhere I went, I didn't need Justin paparazzi following me around too. Which is what I would get if I started seeing him more often. Technically though, we weren't even a couple yet. That whole scene in my kitchen? Well I didn't really intend on becoming a real "thing" after that, I was still on the fence about this guy. He still had that kind of "player" aspect to him, even though I defended him in front of Molly and Declan plenty of times after the AMAs. I just couldn't seem to make up my mind about him. He'd ask me to go to dinner with him at this really nice restaurant, but he wouldn't pick me up. Not a date. He'd ask me to go to a Lakers game and sit in the front row next to him, still not a date. How did I decide it wasn't a date? Kind of a cliché answer really: no PDA involved. Not even afterwards. He'd just kind of walk me to my car and stand there, talking to me for an extra 5 minutes after whatever we just did. No fireworks or any kind of spark it seemed like. The AMAs were beginning to seem like some dream I had a long time ago. That brings me to today.

The AMAs were officially about a month ago and it's beginning to get pretty cold in LA (finally) so Justin asked me to do two things today: picking out some Christmas gifts for his little brother and sister and swimming in his indoor pool afterwards. I'm kind of excited but at the same time, I'm kind of expecting it to turn out really awkward and overly long like everything else we do. Not that the dinners, movies and basketball games weren't enjoyable it's just...I couldn't stand the silent moments. The times when I'd be sitting there, both of us silent and just having to stare at him being preoccupied with something else. The last Lakers game we went to, he was very ensconsed in the game at a few points but I wasn't. So I just watched him and at one of those still moments, I had to really, really, really fight the urge to just kiss him. Oh yeah, that was the other thing, being around Justin wasn't exactly easy on my hormones either. It sucked.

I pulled on my black combat boots over my galaxy leggings and looked in the mirror one last time. My hair was down and poker straight but I'd teased it to give it as much volume as possible. My most recent haircut was more on the edgy side and was a bit more thick on top and thin on the bottom. Declan said it would push me closer to that "edgy" category I should be in. Whatever that meant. The top I was wearing was a plain white tshirt with the sleeves rolled up a little and I'd tied it on one side. This was my best attempt at a "cute and casual" look. All of a sudden, I heard the doorbell ring and two knocks. I'd started to recognize Justin this way so I knew that was him. I quickly grabbed my phone and black mini Celiné bag as I flicked off the light to my room and headed downstairs.

I made my way over to the front door and unlocked it swinging the door open. Justin leaned against one of the pillars outside my door and looked up at me innocently; a smile grew across his face slowly. I couldn't help smiling too.