XIII. AS THE ICE MELTS

Start from the beginning

The swirl begin to get larger by the second.

"I am not interested in winning in the Sports Festival. You see, I am not even trying to counter your attacks. You should expect the same in the Festival."

I step inside the swirl, half of my body still outside so I could still see his glare.

"Then, I'll get going now. See you, Todoroki."

As soon as I stepped inside the portal, my knees gave out and I collapsed.

And so they say that everything has their limits. Perhaps those ice too, will someday melt.

_____

I didn't know how long I stayed in here. The coldness is what woke me up.

With the remaining strength, I opened a portal nearby. The cold night air blew instantly making me flinch. I rubbed both my hands and proceeded towards the house. It wasn't winter but I felt rather cold.

Goosebumps rise up my arms as the wind prickles my body. I felt a slight tug in my head and for a second I thought my surrounding was spinning.

Accidentally, I tripped on my own foot and landed on the ground. Or what I thought would be the ground. Instead, I realized it was someone's chest I landed on.

"H-ho-hoshiko-san?!"

By the sound of it. And not to mention the stutter. I instantly knew who it was.

"Midoriya," I stated. His face flashed a deep shade of red.

I wonder if it's the closest he got to a girl. He's such a timid lad, but his chest is hard that I thought it was the pavement. I wonder what training he had to endure to achieve this physique.

"H-hoshiko, are y-you alright?" He asked, still stuttering.

I straightened up and took a step away from him as to not fluster him more.

"I'm fine," I said and started to walk past him.

When I thought he already brushed the subject and continued walking, I was wrong.

Because I still heard him speak.

"Hoshiko, u-hh, you're a bit hot– I mean not that hot hot! You know, the other hot like a– hot!" And he started to jumbled up his sentence.

I just stare at him in boredom. If he wanted to say something just spit it out. I'm feeling terrible right now.

"What I mean is, you felt like someone with a fever. Are you alright?"

I could almost feel my eyes role. If that's what he wanted to say, he didn't have to go with all the trouble of explaining the difference between a hot lady with a sexy body and a hot lady who might have a fever.

I sighed.

"I'm actually not feeling well. See you tomorrow," I said and turned around.

I didn't realize I was walking like a drunk man until I bumped a woman along the way.

I almost fell until, again, someone caught me. And it was Midoriya.