Eyes Deceived (Chapter 13)

Chipped paint, the cracks began to peel off the ceiling. Keeping my eyes on it as it moves slightly. It hangs as the small breeze coming from the window and dangles over. Running my hands through his hair, as we both lay on the bed. Back into the house, we both stayed comfortable as the man rested on top of me. His large figure easily covering my own. Soft and gentle breathing came out from him as he finally slept, embracing me closer to him than ever.

As I ran my hand through his hair, massaging his scalp softly. I hummed a lullaby to help him relax more. He seemed to have his mouth open slightly as he breathed and his head rests on my chest. Listening to my heartbeat, I remembered earlier on how happy he seemed to be about our moment. He couldn't stop being excited about having children, saying 'God has blessed us'.

As much as I wanted to be happy for us.. I secretly couldnt. For the rest of the day, he couldn't stop being near my stomach. Being very curious about it...it honestly hurts me seeing him like that. Knowing that... I cant give him what he wants. Not even a child.

I was known to be sterile, thats why I wasnt so much afraid from him or my previous encounters about becoming pregnant. But.. There are times where I wish I could provide my own children. At least once, but I dont want him to know. But I cant help but feel that he does, he's very strange that way. As if he can change things like nothing the best he can. Sighing mentally, my thoughts were broken as I noticed him moving a bit. His face expression changed into as if he was having a nightmare.

He would grumble and groan slightly as I suddenly held him close to me, softly placing kisses on his head. I couldnt helo but feel very protective over him... But I was relieved that he was able to calm down and remained asleep. In deep thought, besides being an nurse and artist.. I love making poems inside my head. I keeps me calm as I decided to create one right now.. I smiled as I placed soft kisses on the man's head gently. I softly whispered to myself as I created my poem..

So i make a poem...

"I remember the first steps taken inside as laughter and cheer was aloud.
My, oh my there was such a positive energy within the crowd.
My feet buckled and such light fear creeped up in my gut.
Oh how I wanted to keep my eyes shut.
So many eyes staring back at me, a stranger with stares that cut.
I show a smile, hiding my friends back within the mile.

But, then I saw him. Oh yeah, him.
Filling his cup to the brim. I mentally smile.
My mother had warned me about the drugs on the streets.
But not one with beautiful eyes and a heartbeat.
He had beautiful eyes.
The kind you get lost in.
And I guess I did, but with a shove.
I couldn't help but move.
Open arms were giving a glance.

Should I take that chance?
Silence was not an option.
I had to, i want to take another step in this chapter.
He smiles, decided to move and banter.
Taking his hands, I trusted him. Oh how I did.
But we were hust kids batting our eyelids.
Yet as seasons change, we made our separate ways.

Now everything was nothing but a shadow.
Standing here as the trees and grass flow through the meadow.
Listen to your heart it says, it whispers so listen closely.
Now here I am thinking about it mostly.
Two by two, it keeps a beat.
Under the green, it was unbearable...this heat.

Yet I can still hear your voice, such a beautiful song.
Miles over, I wait so I must be strong.
Until finally I heard it, I thought I was wrong. That you couldn't come back to me.
Here you are, smiling at me with glee.
There's no way I will flee because in your arms, I will remain thee."

I gently twist his soft locks as he smiled in his sleep. I could tell he listened as I brought him closer to me. It been a long time since Ive felt like this. Being protective and all. I smirk to myself but I still worry about my flaws. Physically and mentally..here I am trying to keep it together. I was on my own, but now that I have him. Its now my turn to take care of him than him or other people taking care of me. The door creaked as Henry walked in. He saw the two of us resting on the bed as he slowly walks over.