"Then why are you making recovery so hard?" Lucious snapped.

"I'm sick of being in here. I just see white square shaped lights. I hear stupid beeping. People shuffling. I'm confined to this small ass room with nothing to do but sit and wait." He spat.

"How the hell are you supposed to get out of here if you don't give yourself time?" She barked. He shook his head, slamming his hand on his forehead.

"You don't get it. You don't get it." He chanted doing it over and over again. Cookie rushed to him and grabbed his hands. He looked up at her with tears running down her face. His hands shaking, head thumping from hitting hiself.

"I don't get what baby? Tell me what I don't get." She pleaded her voice croaking from seeing him like that. Andre watched his brother crumble again. By this time Tiana had woken up an was looking at him to. Lucious walked up placing his hands on Hakeems shoulders.

"Someone died mama....He died and I'm still here...because he died." Hakeem cried. Cookie wiped his face shaking her head.

"I know baby...Its gonna be ok." She whispered as her tears fell.

He shook his head, his body trembling. Lucious felt excatly what he felt when Dre found out his son didn't make it. That urge to comfort. Lucious sat on the bed and pulled his son to his chest locking his arms around him. Like he did to Dre the night his son died. Andre recognized the pain in his father's eyes.

"Shhh...Hakeem." He whispered holding his son. Andre pulled his mother into a hug.

"Cookie..." Tiana called. Cookie looked at her through teary eyes.

"I'm so sorry...I..I." She stopped when Andre shook his head leading his mother out of the room.

Tiana's gaze going back to the scene at hand. Lucious lightly rocked his son humming Lean on me. A song that he always sung when something bad happened and they needed to be strong. Hakeem calmed slowly taking deep breaths.

He couldnt leave Hakeem in here. Not by himself essentially. Sure Tiana was here, but that wasn't rock hard support. He needed his family. So when his son was calm, he asked that he be discharged under the care of the family.

"Hakeem are you sure this is what you want?" Cookie asked him as he slowly walked to the front desk To meet everyone else. He nodded.

"Ok baby. I got rules though." She stated. He stopped and gave her a look.

"Rules?" He whined. She nodded ushering him forward.

"Yep. You're not going to your penthouse untill we know that bastard is in custody. I don't wanna risk him coming back." Cookie spoke. Hakeem frowned.

"Where am I gonna go?" He questioned.

"With us..." She responded. He groaned like a child getting told no.

"Listen...You're gonna stay at the guest house untill he's found. That's one rule. The next one is Tiana is gonna stay with you there." Cookie continued. Hakeem chuckled.

"That's not your rule I know that." He laughed.

"Shut up. I know it's not. If it were up to me....look nevermind. You will stay in bed untill the docter grants you other wise. Do you hear me? This is the only way you're going home." Cookie stated.

"I understand." He responded. She smiled softly.

"Good." She whispered. He stopped then turned to his mother. Looking down he slowly inched into her arms. She was careful not to touch his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for what I said Ma. I love you and I didn't mean to hurt you." He spoke.

"I forgive you. Now let's get you home baby." She responded kissing her forehead.