I stayed silent, "He helped me, okay. Now forget it!"

My wolf started chatting but I tried to ignore her as I listened in to my surroundings, guessing that they would make a lot of sound as they traveled through the forest because of their heavier weight.

I couldn't hear them, maybe if I climb a tree I can lose them for sure. Immediately diving toward the right I started running up the closest tree I made contact with, when I was almost in the clearing something pinned me to the ground. Coughing up dirt, my eyes froze as they gazed into Akshay's. What the hell? They weren't even near me!

I growled and used my tail to shift his weight I as pushed him off. "Well at least you can use your tail." Spoke Akshay.

"What's that mean?" I snarled, he shrugged.

"Not everyone does it, or has strong enough bones." His tail whipped to the side, in a millisecond I was slammed into the tree with his tail wrapped around my neck, "Example."

"Nice job Akshay. Scarlette, turns out death weakens you, but don't worry you'll relearn soon."

'Scarlette, what does he mean that death weakens us?'

"Right now is not the best moment."

"And why not?" Max smiled.

"Not you Max, my wolf!"

"I see, so you can connect with her in this dimension but not much in the 2nd one. Interesting." He slashed under my rib cage, I snarled in pain, my head flipping up by the intensity.

"Like I said, Scarlette, you'll learn very quickly." He dug his fangs into my neck, I felt him pulling as the pain doubled. I howled and squirmed, Max was enjoying this while Akshay's expression was vacant. The pain maxed out as he tore a small piece of my neck out, he shifted and held a bloody white mess in his hands. Throwing it up and down, he paused and looked at me, my wolf was dieing to crawl out but I couldn't let her.

"Akshay open her mouth." He ordered, Akshay nodded and used his front paws to try to open my mouth but I kept them iron tight.

Using my chance, I kicked Max and Akshay and sent myself flying backwards, the tree falling from the impact as my back skidded against the ground. Stumbling as I stood, I ran but not as fast as the first time.

Becoming aware of the major disadvantage I was given, I didn't know if Max would let me go than kill me or catch me now while letting me die slowly. Limping, my side quickly became a drag as my side burned as hell.

"Can't go very far can you? Before you would go for miles, you have softened quite a lot haven't you." Whispered Max in the dark.

"Shut up!" I screamed. Why is he right? He always is, gets it dead on every time.

This time another voice spoke an inch to my right, "We're getting closer, run."

I screamed and ran like instructed, making sure I wasn't tripping over any fallen branches. Not thinking about my injured side and my torn neck, it didn't even bother me, my legs picked up pace. The sound of thunder with my paws every time my paw slammed against the earth floor, my ears pinned to the top of my head and my tail flew behind me like a parachute with my body inclining forward so my back was arched. Zooming through the forest like I lived through it my whole life, I leaped, dragged and flipped over the largest fallen trees. Forgetting about Max and Akshay, all I wanted was to run, run forever to a place where I could finally call my own with a new start of life where I was a nobody.

"Think you can lose us so easily?" Yelled Max, looking back I found both on my heels. They were WAY faster than I thought them to be, whipping my tail I picked up my pace.