i | "i have a baseball bat"

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Pulling into her mum's drive way a small smile crept onto her face as a homely vibe dropped onto her. She hated the town of mystic falls for its eerie vibe but that creepy vibe never passed through her Mother's house.  The blonde looked over to the passenger seat only to see her daughter fast asleep, she  kissed her on the head before getting out the car and carrying their luggage to the front door. 

After a ring of the doorbell and a quick minute to prepare herself the door was opened by her mother "Caroline what are you doing out the hospital you still have another two days" Sheriff Forbes said concerned and unaware that she was talking to her other daughter, Cassandra's prepared smile fell hearing her sister was in the hospital. "Care is in the hospital?" Cassandra questioned while barging into the house to set down the bags.

"and no one called to tell me" Cassandra added her anger slowly starting to rise as she went on a small rant about there "failure in communication" Liz smiled at the presence of her younger daughter. 

Care and Cassie  were really are alike 

"mom, are you even listening" Cassandra asked after taking a breath, "Cassie dear, you know how Care is like she doesn't like other people worrying about her especially you, plus the doctor says she's absolutely fine, she'll be out in two days" Momma Forbes  replied bringing in her daughter for a hug. "and she'll be delighted to see you tomorrow morning, during visiting hours" 

"you can't stop me for me seeing Care now" but the yawn she had been trying to tuck away slipped and Sheriff Forbes lifted an eyebrow "You drove fours hours you're going to bed, your room is still the same, all I've done is changed the sheets" 

"I still need to get Ellie she's in the car" the tired blonde said letting out another yawn "I'll get her, you just rest" Sheriff Forbes finished for her.

"I'm glad you're back Cassie" she whispered planting a kiss on top of her daughter's forehead "I'm glad to be home mom" 

_

Ellie's sweet giggles woke up Cassandra. She opened her eyes to see her two year old daughter rummaging through an old  box full of feather boa's and plastic tiaras. "what are you doing" Ellie suddenly stopped in her place and slowly turned around making sure not to trip on the long feather boa "nothing" Ellie said giggling. "well it sure looks like you've gotten yourself in a pickle" Cassandra rolled out the bed and took all the long necklaces and tiaras that Ellie had tried to put and helped her get properly dressed for the day. 

 "Nana" Ellie said in a sing song voice as she entered the kitchen, Sheriff Forbes already in her uniform stood up to pick up and hug her granddaughter. "I know you want to see Caroline so I thought why don't I take Ellie to the Carol and then I can pick her up to avoid an awkwardness" Sheriff Forbes started only to have Cassie cut her off "I don't mind picking her up" she said plopping a spoonful of cereal in her mouth.