fourteen || ataraxia

Start from the beginning

She got Duke on a leash and helped him into her truck, then got herself going towards Rio Tinto Stadium for their two hour training session. She would be helping Jason go through drills with Nicole and Abby, as well as designing some new drills for the team to work on. She was always thinking of ways to improve their attack and defense, and she was glad that she would finally be able to put her ideas to work.

Georgia arrived at the stadium ten minutes later and felt a surge of excitement and happiness course through her. She had gotten visits from Becky, Laura, and Kelley, but for the most part, she had not seen her teammates since she woke up in the hospital after her surgery. It had hurt her a little that they had not come to visit, but she understood that half of them had actually been playing overseas, and the other half lead busy lives, just like her.

Duke lead the way as they walked towards the stadium entrance, the management letting her through without a problem. She found Laura, Jason, and a few of the other coaching staff standing around talking as they waited for the team to come out of the locker room. A huge grin spread across Laura's face when she saw her walking up. Georgia spread her arms wide in a 'look, I made it' sort of way and smiled right back, then hugged her coaches.

"Glad to see you back here, GJ." Jason greeted, and she nodded. "We can still call you that, right?" He asked.

"Yes, my last name may legally be Rivera, but to you guys it will always be Jacobson. Which brings up that I will not be changing the last name on my jersey." She informed, turning to Laura with a slight chuckle.

"Good to know. So today we're just going to loosen up, do a couple of simple drills, then scrimmage to see where we are at. Duke here can be let off the leash, if you would like." She responded, and Georgia nodded. Duke was now nine months and she had trained him very well, so he would most likely get curious to begin with and wander, but stay by her side for the most part.

"So how does it feel to start getting back into things?" Jason asked.

"It feels great. I actually just got off my first shift back at the firehouse before I came here." She answered with a smile.

"Well hopefully you'll be back with us soon. When did your doctor say you can start training again?" Laura was next to ask.

"Next month. I'll be able to train twice a week until May, then that's when I can attend every training session before I'm cleared at the beginning of June." She informed as her teammates started coming out of the locker room. Duke instantly went to go greet them, and they were excited, for since Duke was here, his owner was not far behind.

"Well good. For now, you can start getting them warmed up with me, then we'll go from there." She stated. "Good afternoon, ladies! Welcome back from our long break. I know most of you were playing in Australia, so welcome back, but the rest of you I can assume you haven't touched a ball since October, so we're going to go hard today and for the next two weeks. Now, I would like to introduce to you not only one of the best goalkeepers in the world, but our newest addition to the coaching staff for the next few months, Georgia Jacobson." Laura announced in a playful yet serious manner, and everyone started clapping. "She will be pushing you ladies to the best of your ability, and she will be able to hop into training sessions again next month, but for now, she is Coach GJ."

"We're so happy you're back on the field, even if it means we're going to get our asses kicked." Kelley said, those around her agreeing. Georgia chuckled and nodded.

"It's great to be back, Kel." She responded with a grin.

"Alright ladies, let's start with a lap around the field, if you cut the corners, you run it again!" Laura announced, and their training had begun, Georgia glad she did not have to run the conditioning lap around the field.