E. 6. "A Fanciful Day at the Beach" (10/10)

Start from the beginning

Jake halts shaking and looks down at himself. Sure enough, he has his two long legs once again along with his amethyst-coloured, white polka-dotted swimming trunks.

He gasps at the sight. "I am!" He peers at the others. "Drying works!"

"So how do we dry ourselves?" Kale asks with knitted eyebrows.

"By shaking!" Jake gives him another short, quick shake.

Nolan has a look of revulsion at him. "I'm not a dog, thank you very much."

Reid gapes at the goalie with sadness. "So you're no longer a merman?" He oscillates his fin through the water.

Without saying a single word, Jake leans over and dives back into the water. He instantly resurfaces, his brown hair plastered on the left side of his face. "Still am!" He throws his marvelous fin through the surface, back into view. "But..."

He sculls to the rocky edge and lifts himself on the rock, sitting on the other side of his bestie. He then shakes himself once again, spattering water off of him and onto his friend and the cave.

Once he stops his swift motions, his legs have reappeared with his swimming trunks once again.

"Not anymore!" Jake throws his arms into the air with his feet in the water in a showy fashion.

Nolan has inquiring eyes at him with his hand on his chin. "Weird..."

"So you weren't a merman when you completely dried yourself," Brett explains slowly, eyeing his bestie. "Then you became one again when you went into the water."

Kale turns to Jake. "What if you touched the water?"

Jake kicks up the water with his feet. "I don't feel anything!"

Brett's eyes light up as the conclusion comes to his mind; he has an index finger in the air. "So that means we turn human when we're completely dried and merman when we're completely wet!"

Reid gazed at the others with a thrilled expression. "So that means I can have the best of both worlds?!"

Nolan then belts out "Best of Both Worlds" by Miley Cyrus:

You get the best of both worlds!

Reid joins in, leaning toward him:

Chill it out, take it slow.

Nolan finishes off, drawing closer to him:

Then you rock out the show.

Kale eyes them with surprise. "I can't believe you guys still know the lyrics."

"They are permanently stuck in my memory forever," Nolan tells him sheepishly.

Reid raises his hand in the air. "Me too!"

"Same for me, unfortunately," Brett mutters with a grumpy expression.

Next to him, Jake wraps up the chorus of the song with the motion of mixing.

Mix it all together and you know you got the best of both worlds!

"Okay, okay, okay..." Brett pats his bare shoulder multiple times. "Thank you, Jake Dog."

Jake gives him a massive, bright grin. "You're very welcome, bestie!" He nuzzles the side of his face against his head.

Brett tenses up with uncomfortableness in response.

Reid gazes at the two friends tentatively, rubbing his wrist. "Do you guys have any of those sandwiches left? I'm getting hungry."

"Same here," Kale pipes in.