It's Okay, I'm Alright

Harry Potter

'Draco Malfoy, Drunk & Grieving.'

The newspaper was spread across Harry's dining room table, along with a cup of coffee and scrambled eggs, all compliments of Kreacher.

Harry thought it was idiotic for others to get into people's personal buisness. So what if Draco Malfoy had decided to get drunk? Others could do the same and yet people would not make a huge deal of it and post it on newspapers. It absurd.

He shook his head and crumbled up the newspaper, throwing it into the trashcan, only to miss. He shook his head and sipped his coffee, and looked around for his wand, which he found near the sink. That's when he remembered why he brought it there. The dishes were all stacked in a neat pile to the side. Harry slipped the wand into his back pocket and walked out the door only to come face to face with none other then Ron. Who's eyes were bloodshot, a frown on his lips.

"Harry." He cried out, before the ginger flung himself into his arms.

"Ron." He mumbled, patting his back awkwardly.

"I can't believe what happened to you. It's not fair." He sobbed, shaking his head and moving past Harry into Harry's house.

"Um, I was about to head out."

Ron ignored him and continued talking to Harry, reassuring him that everything would get better soon.

"It's okay." Harry said, after minutes of Ron's babble.

Ron looked at him strangely.

"It's okay? You were with my sister for.. ever."

Harry sighed, not knowing how to answer that. Yes it still hurt knowing that Ginny left him, he did still feel that sting in his chest when he thought of her. But he had to forget her, and that's what he had been doing until Ron came in ruining his peace.

"I have to get over her, it's better for her to leave me now, then to have wasted more time with her. It's okay, I'm alright. True, my feelings were hurt. But I feel like we will be both better off in the future. She'll be happy, and I'll be happy. I don't know if that makes any sense but I'm trying to explain this bloody thing the best way I can."

Harry shrugged his shoulders, and sat down in a chair across from Ron, who sat there with his eyes wide, and mouth open.

"Seriously? How can you be so calm? You bloody idiot, she left you, for a woman! Don't you see how I would expect you to be a bit upset over that?"

It stung some more when Ron pointed out the facts, hell it stung a lot more.

Harry's eyes narrowed, as he stared at Ron.

"Of course I should be sad over that, I am. But don't you think that I will get more upset if my stupid sod of a best friend keeps pointing out that his sister left me for a girl, who happens to be my other best friend?"

Harry shook his head, and angrily ran his fingers through his messy untamed hair.

Ron's mouth was set in a frown as he looked at Harry. His eyes showing no emotion.

"I'm sorry, I was only trying to help you out."

Harry sighed.

"It's okay. I get it, I just need some time to be alone right now."

Ron nodded, and got up from his chair and walked out, Harry heard the door open and a shout was let out.

"Bloody hell, why are you here?" He heard Ron shout.

Harry lazily got up, running his fingers through his hair and walked over to the door where Ron stood, as well as Ginny hand in hand with Hermione Granger.

Harry's eyes widened as he saw the both of them together.

"Why are you here?" He repeated Ron's question.

Harry wanted to get away from his problems, but they only seemed to come back to haunt them every time he seemed to be rid of them.

"We came to apologize to you Harry, and Ron since you're here, to you too." Hermione said, fidgeting with the tips of her hair.

Ginny stared at her with a lovestruck expression.

'She never stared at me that way,' a small voice said in Harry's head as he looked between the two of them. He bit his lip.

"Well go ahead." He mumbled bitterly, trying to stop himself from shutting the door in their faces.

"Can we come in first?"

Harry wanted to say no, but he knew the polite thing to do was say yes, which was what he did. They all walked into the living room. An awkward silence remained which was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"Who the bloody hell is that?" Asked Ron.

Who was it indeed.

Author Note: Yup, just needed to upload this. Yup, short once again, but I just got this thought in my head needed to write it out, will fix some mistakes tomorrow. I didn't reread it so please don't tell me it sounds like a load of gibberish, I'll fix that. (:

Who's at the door? ;D