Chapter 36

2 weeks later....

Today was my first day at my new university in London. I had to walk 20 minuets down the hill, then get the train into London, then a bus that led me outside of the University.
I grabbed my bag and walked through the tall gates of the University. There were a lot of people there. Some my age, others younger, some older than me. It was a wide range of people which oddly made me feel more relaxed. I grabbed my sheet which told me who my teacher was and what room. As I traipsed down the corridors, I finally found my room. There was another woman waiting outside.
"Hello" I shyly said.
"Hi" she replied back, showing me she was just as nervous as I was.
"I'm really nervous" I said to break the ice.
"Same. I've never done anything like this before... I'm just a waitress who has a passion for writing" She told me. "I'm Lindsey by the way" she told me as she held out her hand.
"I'm Rachel" I revealed. "I moved from the UK, to New York and back to London again" I said with a laugh.
"I moved from Ireland to come here. My boyfriend was so supportive of me" she told me.
"Boyfriend? Did he move here with you?" I asked.
"Well he's my fiancé. And yes. He moved here with me. He said as longs as we are together, nothing else matters" she told me.
"Wherever we are in the world our hearts will always be joined" I repeated. "That's what Sal always told me" I said to myself, as I felt my heart break a bit.
"Sal?" Lindsey asked.
"My~" I stuttered not knowing what to say...