Prologue

Kelsey's POV
"I'm home now Dani. Wish me luck I guess" I said with a sigh. Dani was my best friend and always knew how to make me smile if I needed it and I knew right now, I needed it more than ever. "
Ok well remember what we talked about. If you need me make sure you call if you need me babes" she said with kindness in her voice.
"I will see you later hunni, bye" I hung up the phone.

I walk into the house me and my boyfriend, Mitchell share together and see him cooking in the kitchen.
"Hey cutie, dinners on. Hope you like meatballs" he smiled as he kissed my cheek.
"My favourite as always babe, I'm just going to the bathroom" I smiled and made my way to the bathroom. I closed the door and looked at myself in the mirror.
As I placed my hand on my stomach I sighed "I'll do what's best by you. I promise".

Sitting at the dinner table next to Mitchell was so nerve racking.
"Babe?" He said looking at me confused, breaking me out of my trance.
"Uhh sorry. Just...I need to tell you something" I said looking down at my nearly empty plate.
Mitchell placed his cutlery down and glared at me.
"Are you cheating on me?" Ah said with anger in his voice.
"No not that..." I said tears in my eyes.
"Well?" He stared at me so confused. Now or never I guess.
"I'm pregnant..." I looked up to see a completely emotionless face on my boyfriend of 3 and a half years.
I waited for a reaction but all I got was "Ok then" as he got up and proceeded upstairs.

I quickly followed and went into our shared bedroom to see Mitchell packing a duffle bag with clothes.
"Are we going somewhere?" I asked. "No I'm going to my moms and when I come back tomorrow afternoon I expect you and your things gone...understand" he said so coldly.
I had no energy to even fight his decision. All that came out was a single, teary eyed word.
"Why?" I cried.
"Why?...Why!...because I don't want a kid! I know you Kels...we've been together since we were 18! You want to keep it don't you?!" I nodded looking down. "Exactly" He said slinging the bag over his shoulder and walking away. "Goodbye Kelsey".

As I collapsed in a puddle of tears on the floor I heard the door slam and Mitchell's car drive away. After a few minutes of crying I picked my my phone and dialling the first number I could think of.
"Kels?" Dani shouted sound worried down the phone.
"Come get me I'll explain when you get here" I cried down the phone.

9 Months Later...

"Need anything before I go to work hun?" Dani asked as I lay on my bed in her apartment. I stayed here since Mitchell kicked me out and now it's just me and my baby against the world. I finally have my own apartment for me and the baby but I didn't want to be alone so in staying here until the baby is born.
"No I'm ok Dani, I'll call you if I need anything" I smiled as I start getting up.
"No hunni stay sitting you don't want to put to much strain on yourself" she brought me into the living room as began to sit me down.
"Uhh...Dani?" I looked down and saw a wet patch below me. "Shit"
"Well I'm going to miss work today" she laughed and helped me up. "Come on".

Dani drove me to the hospital and stayed with me the whole time. She called my mom and my brother Liam. They all arrived and stayed with me until it was time to push and only my mom stayed in the room.
"Mom!" I screamed through my push. I stopped and just felt my mom next to me. "He should be here mom...he should be here!" I shouted. I was so angry the He wasn't here to witness the birth of his child.
"I know Kels but let's just focus on this little one shall me...it's almost here!" She said brushing my light brown hair out of my face. She has always been so supportive and has always stuck by me even when dad left. He's still around, and I appreciate that.
"Ok Kelsey on your next contraction you need to push and your baby will be here!" My Doctor said to me smiling.
My next contraction came faster than I anticipated but I pushed until I felt a little foot kick me in the thigh.

"Here's your baby boy!" As I sit up in bed the nurse hands me my baby boy.
"Hi buddy...so your who's been kicking me" I giggled. I saw him move in his sleep and ever so slightly smile.
"What you going to call him? Dani asked. I haven't even noticed they were all in the room with me.
"Kayden Mitchell Grove" I said looking at my beautiful baby boy in my arms.
"Why Mitchell?" Liam asked.
"Because, no matter of he's here or not, Kayden is his too" I said. I knew he would probably never be part of his life but I wanted Kayden to know of his dad and have him as a part of him.
"That's very thoughtful hun" Dani smiled.

Conversations went on until everyone left which left me and Kayden together alone.
"I'll protect you Buddy I promise forever and always" I laid him back down in his crib and drifted off to sleep.