Chapter 10- Dancing Queen

Start from the beginning

''It's nice to see you Diana'' Jerry said.

''Its nice to see you too Jerry'' Diana said almost abruptly.

We fell in to silence as the pair of lovebirds stared at each other endlessly.

''Jerry's spelling is getting quite well'' I said breaking their stare.

''That's quite wonderful Jerry'' Diana said with a smile.

We fell in to silence again and I gave Diana the ''talk to him!'' look which I hope she understands.

''ANNE ALMOST KISSED GILBERT'' Diana loudly blurted out.

''DIANA'' I said, I would have never told her to speak if I knew she would say that.

Jerry begins lightly chuckling , which then turns to bust out laughing as Diana joins him. The two begin acting out the event.

''OH GILBERT, YOU ARE SOO HANDSOME'' Diana says trying to imitate me which is ridiculous because I would NEVER say that.

''OH ANNE, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH'' Jerry says imitating Gilbert as the two continue laughing.

''Its not funny, and that didn't happen!'' I say with a frown.

Finally, after what seemed forever they finished laughing.

''Well I'm sure you have a lot of work to do Jerry, I'll see you later maybe. Good bye'' I say pushing Jerry out the door.

''Let's go upstairs and write some stories!'' I say as I take Diana upstairs to my room.

———

It was beginning to become nightfall, and Diana and I were having the most scrumptious time writing and reenacting stories but we decided it was finally time to get ready. She had brought her dress in a bag and took it out for me to look at.

''What do you think?'' Diana asked as she showed me the soft purple lace dress with a silk white ribbon around the waist.

''Its beautiful Diana! You'll look absolutely stunning'' I said with a giggle.

We both changed in to our dresses and stood in front of the mirror admiring our reflection.

''Anne, you look amazing!'' Diana said.

''And you look magnificent Diana, like a soft blossom in a field of wildflowers.'' I exclaimed.

''What a wonderful use of words, Anne'' Diana said as we both giggled.

Diana decided to do the updo Cole had once made on me and I won't lie I actually liked the reflection that was looking upon me in the mirror. As soon as Diana finished combing her hair, we left the house.

We began walking out but before I knew I had to do one thing.

''Wait let's say goodbye to Jerry'' I said

Diana nodded as the two of us passed by the barn.

''D-Diana'' Jerry said as he looked at the beautiful girl in front of him.

Diana shyly smiled.

''Well we just wanted to say goodbye before we left'' I said as I saw Jerry's gaze at Diana.

''You look beautiful Diana'' Jerry said boldly.

I faked coughed loudly.

''Oh yea you look pretty too, Anne'' Jerry said.

I locked arms with Diana as I waved to Jerry goodbye and left Green Gables heading for the stage center.

"So, you and Jerry'' I said with a squeal as we walked.

''What are you talking about Anne?'' Diana said with a smile.

''Oh please, remember who you are talking to, I am the most romantical girl in Avonlea. I know romance when I see it'' I said with a squeal.

''Oh really? If you can see romance then why aren't you with Gilbert'' Diana said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes at her comment

As we arrived, it was already nightfall and the stage center was packed, it made me a bit nervous but I'm not one easily scared by crowds. Diana and I entered through the back of the stage where we found Ms. Stacy and the class huddled together practicing.

''Good, you're here'' Ms. Stacy said as she saw us enter.

I searched the room and met eyes with Gilbert, he looked at me weirdly like if his eyes light up which was probably a trick of the light. He walked over to me

''Anne you l-look...'' Gilbert said but was interrupted by Ms.Stacy.

''No time for chitchat, let's get on the stage'' Ms.Stacy said as she clapped her hands and led us to the stage.

Gilbert and I abruptly got in position as the curtain opened and the eyes of the crowd met us.

I was a bit tense as I looked at the crowd, I didn't think I would be so nervous once I was on stage, the music began and all the pairs began to dance as so Gilbert and I

''Wow you can even make a pink dress look homely, congratulations Anne'' Josie said sarcastically as we danced.

And I suddenly couldn't feel my feet and I was frozen in place. There were a few gasp in the crowd but I just couldn't move. The music kept playing but my feet were stuck in a melancholy. Diana looked at me worried as she kept dancing.

''Looks like the carrot can't move'' Josie said as she saw me freeze up and I heard small chuckles through the stage.

''Anne'' Gilbert whispered to me.

I looked over to him

''Just breathe'' he said with a calming voice.

I don't know why but it calmed me and suddenly my feet were moving again and I continued the dance flawlessly. We stared at each other BUT only because if I looked at the crowd I would get nervous again.

You would think it was awkward between me and Gilbert but for some odd reason it wasn't, it felt like we were just where we belonged if that sounds strange enough, and it's probably my mind creating imaginations but it felt right...

As the dance ended Gilbert and I looked away and took a bow to the crowd. We left the stage and Ms.Stacy applauded us for doing a great job and we all picked up our stuff to leave.

As Diana and I were heading out, I felt someone whisper something in my ear

''You look beautiful in pink''

I looked to behind me to see who it was but there was no one there, must have been my imagination then.

Don't be a ghost reader! Make sure to vote and comment

Author's Note

Hello my people, I, unfortunately, cannot sit and write all day due to the torturous institution called school. I'm trying to find a balance between school and writing but due to homework I'm not going to be able to publish that frequently like I use to. Thanks for understanding! Hopefully I will see you soon!(Well you won't see me but you know what I mean)