Chapter 3: A Brilliant Alchemist

En başından başla

I bowed and turned to leave after I grabbed my bags.

"One more thing Private Armstrong."

I stopped and turned back around.

"If you ever find yourself talking about me, feel free to call me Mustang."

I tilted my head in confusion.

"We nearly have the same strength alchemy wise, just don't think this means you're the same rank as me. I'm still the most powerful man in this country."

I bowed to him again and left the room. I sent Alex in when I got out.

"I'll have your bags taken to the Armstrong residence, until then feel free to explore the city," Major General Mustang said to me. I nodded my thanks. "Roy told me about his theory about how you really lost your limbs."

I stayed still staring at her.

"Is it true?"

I nodded.

She sighed before hugging me, I felt my body stiffen. I was so surprised by this act. "Guess people will always be willing to risk everything for someone they love," she said as she let me go. 

I nodded, agreeing with her statement.

"Well have fun exploring the city, I'll tell the Colonel about where you are," she said.

I smiled before I turned and left. I walked out of Central headquarters and started to roam around the city. Because of my uniform everyone knew I was part of the military and there was a certain level of respect that I saw when I passed by them. 

"HELP!" I heard someone scream. I looked around to see who the voice belonged to and then suddenly someone was grabbing onto me.

"Help me, please he's after me," she begged, I saw cuts and bruises forming on her. I looked around and saw no man coming. "He's down there, please stop him!" she begged as she pointed down an alley. I got her to let go of me and I ran to the alley and saw the man she was talking. He was big, muscular and had scars covering his body. He cracked his knuckles and I saw part of a transmutation circle on his palms.

"Hello military brat, aren't you a little young to be here?" he asked in a deep, rough, creepy voice that made shivers go up my spine, but I didn't move. I wasn't about to back down from a fight, Olivier didn't train me to do that. "You don't want to mess with an alchemist, little girl, so you better run before I change my mind."

I stood still and narrowed my eyes.

"That how you want to play it? Very well," he replied and then he rushed towards me, I clapped my hands together and then placed my right and on the wall next to me, spikes shot out towards the man, he jumped back but I got his left hand. He examined his hand and I saw a cut right across the transmutation circle. No circle, no alchemy, however he still had the circle on his other hand.

"You little bitch!" he yelled as he ran towards me, breaking the spikes with his uninjured hand. When he got close I jumped up over his head and landed behind me. I kicked him down with my right leg. I clapped my hands together and set my right hand on the ground, a spike went up right where his left hand was and went right through his hand, disrupting the other circle. I broke the spike with small kick with my right leg and pulled out the rest of the rock from his hand. I grabbed my handcuffs that I had in my pocket and cuffed his hands together.

I kept a pair of handcuffs on me in case I got bored. I would put them on my hands and see how long it would take for me to break them without using my alchemy. Because I did this the police made stronger and stronger handcuffs not only for my use, but for all of them as well. Their reasoning was that if a sixteen year old girl with automail can break them without alchemy in under five minutes, an adult with automail could break them in less time. 

I pulled the man up and walked out of the alley. 

"Levy!" Captain Ross yelled as she ran towards me, a group of ten men followed her. 

I tilted my head in confusion when I saw the woman who begged for my help in handcuffs. Then it occurred to me. It was weird that he waited in the alley, he didn't chase nor did he run when I showed up, which meant they planned it. He was after a member of the military. I sighed as I shook my head.

"You actually got him, are you okay?" Captain Ross asked as she looked me over.

I nodded as two men took the man from me.

"His name is Max Jackson, he's been killing military officials for months now, using the same ploy as he did with you: send out a woman begging for help and wait for the official, then kill him using his alchemy. Levy how did you stop them?" she explained.

"Private Levy is an alchemist, she's as brilliant as Fullmetal," Major General Mustang said as she walked up to us. Captain Ross stared at me with wide eyes. "Levy, the Fuhrer would like to see you."

I could feel all eyes on me as I followed Major General Mustang back to headquarters.