One~5 words

JACE GRAY

"Jace, get your lazy butt out of bed and get ready for school!" I sat up and groaned. A few days ago, I had stopped setting my alarm because my day always woke me up 10 minutes before it rang, anyways. I took a shower, got dressed and headed to the kitchen where my dad was making me what he calls 'A Man's Breakfast' which includes bacon, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, and a protein shake. He said I needed to become stronger in order to keep playing football. But today, I grabbed the box of Fruit Loops, and poured myself some cereal.

My dad stared at me. "What are you eating?"

"Cereal." I answered.

"But you need to eat your 'Man's' breakfast to become beefy enough to keep playing football."

I looked down at my bowl nervously. "Dad, I'm going to quit football."

He stared at me in shock. Uh-oh here comes the blow, I thought. But before he said or did anything, I put my bowl in the sink, grabbed my bad and headed out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*

After gym, I told my football and gym coach, Coach Winston that I wanted to speak to him.

"Sure, what's up kid?"

"Coach, I'm leaving the football team." Coach Winston just gaped at me. And like with my dad, I walked away before he could say something.

I quickly changed out of my gym clothes and walked towards the cafeteria with my two best friends, Marco Telles and Aspen Sanders, who were also on the football team. Marco was tall and beefy with spiky black hair and dark blue eyes. Aspen is the same except he has long blonde hair and brown eyes. "Hey dude, what did you talk to Coach about?" asked Marco

"I told him that I was quitting the team." Suddenly an awkward silence settled over us.

When we got into the cafeteria, my girlfriend, Elizabeth Winters, head cheerleader and hottest girl in the whole Castean High came up to me and gave me a kiss. After a minute or so, I pulled her off me and sat down at our table. Elizabeth was the 'it' girl, blonde hair, blue eyes, big boobs and so on. And since I was the head quarterback, everyone called us the 'it' couple.

Soon as we sat down, Elizabeth started babbling to her friends or as I call them her followers since they're her around nonstop. After several long minutes of continuous talking, Liz turned to me and said, "Anyways, how are you honey, I haven't seen you in such a long time."

She smiled. She always asked the same thing everyday and I always responded with the same, "I'm good as long as I'm next to you." But today I said, "Well I quit the football team."

She stopped in her tracks.

"You what?" she screeched so loud that the cafeteria went silent. She was making a scene on purpose, and I hated this but I went along with it anyways.

"I. Quit. The. Football. Team." I said slowly.

She looked at me with an unbelievable look.

"I'm. Breaking. Up. With. You."

Where that came from, I have no idea but I knew as soon as she said that, she would make my life a living hell.

She only said five words and my life will become a living hell. And I only said five words to her.