7

I swung the carriage door open, they looked at me and froze. "Did I interrupted you cuddling?" I gave a Link a menacing glare, "W-We weren't cuddling" he held his hands up in defensive.

Zelda had a little smirk on her face which made me even angrier "so why is she in your lap?" Link looked at Zelda and then back at me lost for words "I was cold, he was just warming me up" she gave puppy eyes as if I was going to fall for that " you were cold? Right..." I rolled my eyes placing the box that had my dress in, on my lap and crossed my arms.
The carriage began moving I could see Impa waving at me from the house...I would rather stay at home then be in this Carriage with Zelda.
"Zelda you can get off my lap now" Link spoke to her and she refused "No I'm not warm yet" I watched as they gazed in each other's eyes, her arms wrapped around him as she rested her head on his chest. If anyone was to see us in this carriage, no one would think I was Links girlfriend...my eyes water at the thought but I held those tears in.
Looking back at Link the look in his eyes when he looks at her pained me. "It's not even cold outside!" I pointed to the window where the sun is shining brightly...Zelda frowned "So you can get off him now!" "Wow Paya...why are you so angry?" She smirked.
Zelda got off Links lap, I sighed I'm not going to let her get under my skin anymore she clearly messing with me. "What's in that box?" She asks "my dress" I didn't bother looking at her.
"Mmm, can I see it?" "No I haven't even seen it yet Grandmother Impa made it for me" I placed my hand on the box protectively.
Link was silent but watching me the whole time. "That's nice but wait till you see mine it's gorgeous!" She clasped her hands together "whatever" I mumbled she squinted her eyes 'maybe she heard me?' 'Who cares'
The whole ride to Hyrule was uncomfortable, with the constant flirting that Zelda was doing and Link wasn't doing much to stop it, even though I was sitting opposite them.

At Hyrule

We got out and I still hadn't said anything to Link...I wanted to but it looks like he's trying to keep our relationship away from Zelda I guess?
One of the maids showed me to my room and Zelda and Link went off somewhere. Looking at the clock I had a few hours before the ball started.

The sound of the door caught my attention
"Paya" Link closes the door behind him "Link" crossing my arms I watch him walk over to me.
"Sorry about Zelda" his fingers trace my cheek, I turn my head away not wanting to be hypnotized by his gaze. "You weren't complaining when she was flirting with you" I backed up walking over to the bed and he followed me " I allowed her to do that because she doesn't know about us" he held my hands "why are we keeping it a secret?" I whispered as if Zelda was in the room.

"If she knows it will crush her, and I don't want our friendship to die because of it"

"So you want to hide our relationship so you don't hurt Zelda's feelings....You care more about her than you do me, Link Its obvious she's in love with you... Since you care about her so much go and be with her"I snatched my hands back walking out of the room.

"I can't believe him!" I wiped the tears away 'how could I be so stupid to think he would choose me over her'

15 mins before the ball

I sat outside on the grass, one of the guards approached me "miss, Princess Zelda has ordered me to find you, the ball is soon going to start, the princess is looking for you" I got up and followed him in silence.
Entering her room I see the box that had my dress in on her bed. Zelda is wearing her dress loosely as the maids fix the dress, I walk over to the box opening it revealing the dress. My eyes watered looking at it, thinking of how hard Grandmother worked to make the dress...it was outstanding.
Some of the maids helped me put the dress on, once Zelda and I dressed we made our way the ball.

Zelda's dress

Paya's dress

Or

Arriving at the ball Zelda went off somewhere saying she had to take care of something, I walked through the crowds of people until I found somewhere to sit

Arriving at the ball Zelda went off somewhere saying she had to take care of something, I walked through the crowds of people until I found somewhere to sit. Watching everyone dance with their significant other made me think of Link, "Paya" his hand extended towards me I looked up at the familiar face. "You look stunning" I took his hand and followed him into the crowd of people.
"Thank you but I'm still mad at you Link" he places his hands on my waist while I put one hand on his shoulder and the other on his chest.
We move to the song playing, "I know your still mad at me but I want to prove to you that I Love you Paya" by now everyone had their eyes on us "lin-" before I could even finish the warmth of his lips traveled from my neck upwards, he pulled me closer...my eyes closed enjoying the moment.
I could the gasps from the crowd and whispers saying "isn't he with Zelda?"
Link stops and faces me "I really do Love you -"
"Link stop!" Zelda shouted everyone faced her and the room fell silent.
"Link trust me don't give into to Paya especially after what she's done" Link looked towards me confused, I was confused as well
"Leo" Zelda smirked, my eyes widened how did she know Leo and what's he doing here?
Leo emerged through the crowd and Walked with Zelda over to Link and I.
"Paya you know Leo right?" She smiled and Leo gave a nod
"Yes but-"
"Leo tells me you've had some intimate moments together correct?" Her eyes dart towards Link then to me.
"W-what?" Link lets me go and moves back I could see the hurt in his eyes "what intimate moments Paya?" He frowned
"It's not what you think Link-"
"Yes it is...you kissed him right Paya" all eyes were on me, my voice was shaking...my heart raced. It was true we did kiss but I didn't want too.
"We did but-"
"See Link how could you ever trust her" her arm snakes around his, resting her head on his shoulder.
"Link don't listen to her it's not what you think"
"Paya how could you.." his voice was soft he turned his back with Zelda still whispering things in his ear they walked away leaving me standing there. Leo stood before me clapping his hands "Paya this was fun" he laughed I grabbed him by the collar "you bastard! Zelda set me up didn't she!" Tears were streaming down my face he smirked "Yup it was a fun little game we played all I needed was a kiss, I was surprised that you hadn't fallen for me and forgotten Link but never mind that the games over now. Zelda has Link that's all that matters" he brushed my hand away and walked off...