9

Danny floated invisibility through the familiar halls, the haphazardly wrapped package in his arms. He peered into every room he passed, finding Alfred in the kitchen with his morning tea.

He grazed his hand over the dimmer switch, flickering the lights subtly. Alfred raised his head, smiling barely, knowing the ghost was there.

Danny carefully let the invisibility fade out on his gift, setting it in front of the housekeeper. The gift was a small flat rectangular box, and the wrapping seemed to recede into the gift as Alfred picked it up.

A pale glowing book rested in his hands; the cover read "lost recipes and how to recreate them". Danny watched with satisfaction as Alfred's face lit up with interest.

"You also have a gift, in the study," Alfred said pleasantly. Danny perked up at this, letting his feet tap the floor as he left to find whatever present Alfred had mentioned.

To Alfred, all he heard was footfalls headed to the nearest wall, and then muffled once Danny had passed through to the other side. He sipped his tea as he imagined what it would be like to be able to travel like that.

Danny popped out of invisibility when he walked into the study. He grinned ear to ear at the magnificent telescope set aside by the small balcony window. He couldn't wait until night to come so he could try it out.

Acknowledging the vague canonical time Bruce was away training, the next chapter will take place around seven years into the future. He will be Twenty five.