10

Danny was in a good mood. Christmas was over, and he was back from his vacation in the Zone. He couldn't be bothered to even touch a speck of dust as his intangibility took over him. Invisibility covered him like a cloak, and chilling air flowed from his core.

"Alfred, did you open a window?" If Danny was still alive, he would've had a heart attack. A strange man was in his house. The man was tall and hardened, it seemed he might've been handsome if he weren't so scruffy.

"No, Master Bruce, it must be the ghost. I've certainly had great company from them while you were away," Alfred said almost sarcastically. Danny, upon seeing the butler enter the room, floated nearer.

"I said I was sorry," Bruce defended, "but you know I couldn't just-"

"I was being completely serious, Master Bruce, Daniel is great help around the manor," Alfred explained, making the hovering ghost blush a deep green, if he were visible. Bruce gave him an unreadable expression.

"You can't be serious," he said, "nobody named Daniel has even died here."

"Of course not, if he lived in this house I wouldn't've had to teach him piano," Alfred scoffed like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Alright, then where is he now?" Bruce sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"He's extremely shy," Alfred said, "but he's right behind me." Danny drifted back a few paces at that; was he really that noticeable?