Imagine #3: Thunderstorms

Y/n sits in the center of the room, her knees pulled up to her chest, and her hands covering her ears. She keeps her head down and her eyes closed, rocking back and forth slowly. She knew that Brendon's was in the room just next to hers, but she couldn't make herself stand up to walk to the door. She didn't wanted to burden him with this, plus, y/n had mostly been able to handle it by herself. It felt like her throat has closed up, and she can barely breath as the rain pounds on the window roughly. Another bolt of lightning strikes, and she shakes uncontrollably, the small cry that she had been suppressing escaping past her lips, and sending her into a fit. A few tears manage to fall out of her tightly shut eyes, and she begins to sob loudly as she presses harder against her ears.
"No, no, no..." She whispers, flinching when the thunder cracks through the rain, eliciting another cry, this one louder than the other. She can hear the door being thrown open, but she doesn't dare look up or open her eyes. The sound of the door slamming shut and heavy footsteps are drown out by another crash of thunder. Y/n exhales loudly before continuing to cry softly.
"What's wrong, dollface? Y/n?" She recognizes Brendon's voice instantly, and shakes harder.
'I'm sorry! I didn't want you to see me like this. You can just go, I'll be fine." She whispers frantically, reaching out blindly to push him away. His hand grabs her wrist gently, and before she knows it, he's pulled her too him, half of her lying in his lap.
"Tell me what's wrong, y/n." He whispers, stroking her h/c hair softly.
"It's-it's the storm-Brendon, I ca- I'm sorry!" She cries.
"Stop apologizing. Has it always been like this? Has it always been this bad?"
"No-well, yes. It's always been like this, but..." Another crash of thunder send y/n's sentence into incomprehensible sobbing, and Brendon pulls her closer to him protectively, continuing to stroke her hair.
"Look at me, y/n. Just look at me dollface, come on..." She shakes her head quickly.
"I can't, I can't..."
"Yes you can. Come on, doll. Trust me," he murmurs to her in a soothing voice. She opens her eyes slowly, her whole body still shaking out of control. "I'm here, doll. I'm here, don't worry. Nothing's gonna hurt you, you're going to be okay." He leans in close to her, whispering soothingly in her ear, one hand firmly on y/n's back, the other calmingly stroking her hair. "You should've got me sooner; there's been a storm like this practically every night." He kisses her cheek before pulling his head back to look her in the eyes. "Come on, cheer up." He whispers, caressing her face softly. "Let's put a smile on that face." Before she knows what he's doing, he pulls the corners of her mouth up in a smile. This causes her to laugh, despite still being shaken up and half crying. He smiles softly at her, and nods. "That's better. What do you want to do? We can do anything." She looks up at him, barely meeting his gaze.
"Can you just hold me? Until the storm's over?" She whispers, her voice slightly lighter than before. He winks down at her.
"Of course, doll. I'm always here for you." He lays back on the floor, and pulls y/n up to his side, cuddling with her and whispering soothing words in her ear.