Chapter 3- Are You Serious

“Oh my god, you’re Stephanie McMahon!” I blurt out, at the tall brunette in front of me. I feel myself blush, and immediately look down. God, I feel like an idiot.

“Yes I am.” She tells me laughing, and I don’t feel so stupid now.

“What are we chopped liver?”

“Well this is a first isn’t it Shawn? Steph got noticed before we did.” I glance back up now, at the 2 men behind her. Once again my mouth drops open. How did I not notice them before? When the men see my face, they start laughing. The shorter of the 2 walks towards me, his hand outstretched.

“Hello, I’m Shawn Michaels. This big oaf behind me is Paul, better known as Triple H. He’s the patient today. He’s a little cranky, so I apologize in advance.” I laugh, as I shake his hand. I look past him at Triple H. For a moment I’m intimidated. He’s even bigger in real life.

He walks forward, and pushes Shawn out of the way. Shawn rubs his arm, and glares at him for a moment. He looks back at Stephanie, as if to tell her to do something. She looks at Shawn and laughs shrugging her shoulders.

I look back… well up at Triple H. Man he is huge! He looks down at me, and I’ m terrified. It only lasts a moment. All fear goes away when he smiles.

“Hey I’m Paul.” He tells me holding out his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand, and I can’t believe it.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I tell him, “All of you.” I add looking at Stephanie and Shawn. “My name is Riley Jackson; I’ll be your doctor today. Follow me please.” I lead them into one of our rooms. The biggest one we have, and motioned for Triple H to sit on the bed. He looks from me to the bed, he lets out a sigh before going and sitting on it.

“I don’t know why I’m here I’m not sick.” He tells me folding his arms across his huge chest. I couldn’t help, but notice his humongous biceps. I would hate to be in the ring with that.

“Okay so… umm…” I trail off looking at him. I’m confused I don’t know what to call him. He looks at me and laughs a little.

“Don’t know what to call me?” I nod my head at him.

“It’s weird,” I tell him. “I know your name is Paul, but I’ve known you for so many years as Triple H, or Hunter.” I tell him, honestly. I leave out the part where I had his posters on my wall growing up. Posters of him, him and Shawn with DX, Stone Cold, and the Undertaker. I was a little obsessed…

Seeing two of them sitting in front of me now was… Strange, but awesome. When I tell Hollie she’s going to freak! He looks at me amused. I wonder how many times he’s heard this.

“I get that a lot. You can call me Paul or Hunter. Either is fine with me.” He tells me and smiles.

“Okay, well then Hunter, if you’re not sick what are you doing here?” I ask looking down at my sheet.

“My wonderful wife, and best friend made me come.” He tells me inclining his head towards them. Shawn laughs, and Stephanie shakes his head.

“We made you come because you had a fever of 103.” Stephanie tells him.

“Is this true?” I ask Hunter looking at him. He smiles at me sheepishly shrugging his shoulders.

“Maybe.” He mumbles unfolding his arms and looking down at his massive hands.

“Maybe? Okay then.” I stand up and go get the thermometer, and blood pressure cuff. “I’m going to take your temp. And then I’m going to take your blood pressure. Now open.” I tell him holding up the thermometer. He protests a little, until Stephanie clears her throat. A minute later it beeps letting me know it’s done. I look down at it, and take in a little breath.