Blood Brother Ritual

Start from the beginning

Unlike his rat-like friend, Sirius had a far larger array of hexes and jinxes that he took the liberty of using. He spat out a very large collection of spells that ranged from Furnunculus, the pimple jinx, to Mimblewimble, the tongue-tying hex. If he could, there was no doubt that Sirius would use multiple curses on the blond boy, but he would end up in serious trouble if he did do that. But Merlin, it was so tempting...

"Mr. Potter!" A shrill, uptight voice screamed as the boys continued their fun, "Mr. Black! Mr. Pettigrew! Mr. Lupin!" Minerva McGonagall, the transfigurations professor and head of the Gryffindor house, rushed over to the group of trouble making boys as she watched them continue to throw spells at the older Slytherin boy. Her lips were pulled back tightly in a thin line as her robes moved behind her like a sea of raging green waves while she hurriedly marched over to the group of boys. "Put Mr. Malfoy down this instant!"

The Marauders gave each other glances. Peter and Remus both seemed to oblige with her order and put their wands back into their robes. The two of them didn't want to make their punishment harsher than it already would be. James was reluctant to stop his assault on the boy who was harassing his future sister-in-law, as he always kept referring to her as, but he complied as well. He retracted his wand which caused Malfoy to fall onto his back uncomfortably with a loud thump. The boy groaned as he laid on the ground in slight pain.

Sirius couldn't let Lucius go so easily, of course. He had to make sure that the snake knew what would happen if he continued to follow Iris around so much. With one last flick of his wand, Sirius muttered, "anteoculatia." Lucius' hair suddenly sprouted antlers which caused the boys to laugh once again.

Professor McGonagall scowled at the boys, "what in Godric's name do you think you are doing!?"

"Well you see, Minnie," Sirius started off with a sly and mischievous smirk. The professor rolled her eyes at the nickname that the boys had coined her a few years ago. "Malfoy had decided to start picking on one of our friends."

James joined in the explanation, "so we only saw it fit to so the same to him."

Professor McGonagall bristled as he surveyed each of the boys with a hard glare. "If that is true, you speak with a member of staff, not go about taking the matter into your own hands!"

Sirius and James only continued to smirk as they shrugged their shoulders simultaneously, "where's the fun in that?"

The professor huffed. Despite not being related, the two boys acted like brothers, twins really. However, even though they caused so much mischief and trouble, Minerva would say that she did find the pair to be quite entertaining. (Of course, she wouldn't admit that out loud.) But the boys had their rough spots. Specifically how they tended to bully some other students. Their attacks on other children had diminished over the years as they seemed to grow older and mature, but they had their moments. It just so happened that Lucius Malfoy was apart of this moment. If their claims were true, about the Slytherin boy bullying another student, then Minerva would have to investigate it further.

"That has nothing to do with fun, boys! Detention for all four of you tonight!" The boys did not groan or whine in protest at her dictation. (Well, Peter and Remus did slightly, but they were used to getting detention nearly every day by now.) They just smirked and nodded their heads. She started to shoo the boys, "now off to class, the lot of you!" With a solid glare shot at Lucius who was sitting on the floor of the corridor, the four fifth-year Gryffindors sauntered away from the scene and towards their first class of the day.

###

Iris settled into her seat of her History of Magic class. She was more than ready to let the boring, monotone voice of their ghostly professor, Professor Cuthbert Binns, lull her to sleep. He may not have the nicest of voices, by far, but it proved to put many students to sleep every day. Iris happened to be one of them. She found that during this class, she could catch up on sleep with a nap and then borrow Lily's notes later in the day. Iris stretched her arms and cracked her neck with a satisfying pop. She was completely ready for her annual 'History nap'. Both Wendy and Lily didn't approve of how Iris spent her class time, but they didn't argue with her. Marlene, on the other hand, actually joined Iris sometimes.