"They've arrived!" My mom squealed, nudging my dad, who glanced up from one of the many food tables. My parents, as well as Rowan, Reece, and Roland, had arrived in Hawaii about two days ago, and were staying at a hotel for the week. After Isabelle and I had gotten married, we held a huge pack barbecue every summer and have been for three years, and it's tradition that everyone comes down for it.

"Ah!" My mom squealed, "look at the boys! They're getting so big. Noah," she called to my dad, "I take one and you take one!"

He smiled at his wife lovingly, and then chuckled out, "I call Noah!"

They both scooped the babies from me and coddled them like grandparents do. Walking up beside them, I saw a familiar grey haired man step up, and I wasted no time in wrapping him up in a hug. "I'm surprised you're here," I said hesitantly, "you didn't make it last year."

"One of my daughters gave birth last summer," Caine explained to me, "you know I would have come otherwise, Warren."

Gabriel Caine and I... We had become friends, close friends, really. We spoke almost every week. We talked for a long time at my wedding, and he stepped down from his position as Head of the Toronto Institute about six months later. Without a focus on his career, he was more than a decent person. We'd grown close over the past three years, and I was glad we had.

He'd divorced Katherine six months after that, they both weren't happy with each other, and he became an even happier man. I was glad for him, and for his current wife, who snuck up behind him shortly after.

"Hello again, Jada!" Madeleine Caine grinned. Despite being in her late forties, she was a beautiful woman, and a happy one at that. I watched Caine kiss the top of her head, and she leaned into his touch. "How is everything? Caine keeps me in the loop, but you know," and then she laughed lightly.

"Things are great!" I replied, absolutely no dishonesty in my sentence. "The twins are getting bigger everyday... Ari won the board wide spelling bee, not that anyone was surprised! Charlie starts kindergarten in September. Things are... they're really good."

I chatted up the couple for a little longer, and then I excused myself when I saw Julian and Isaac walk around back, in their arms, a little boy.

"Thanks for coming!" And then I hugged Isaac tightly, seeing as Julian had Matty in his arms. I scooped the baby up and rested him on my hip, and he began to giggle uncontrollably. I cooed.

"He's adjusting really well," Julian said, slipping his arm around his husband's waist. Isaac melted at the touch, and leaned into it, kissing my best friend's cheek. "He's a very happy baby, sleeps great, no complaints about food, either."

"Lucky you," I said playfully, "Oli is a pain in the ass when it comes to food. He's so picky. At this point I think Iz and I will be making Spanish dishes until the four of them move out."

Matty began to squirm in my arms, and with a look at the couple, I placed him on the ground. He began to take slow but excited steps forward, and I gaped.

"Yep," Isaac beamed, "he's already walking! Talking... not quite, but he loves to walk."

"That's amazing!" And then, "I am so happy for the both of you, you have no idea."

Julian stepped forward to hug me tightly. It was nice, as always, and familiar. They lived only five minutes from us, but our children had been the main focus of the summer, so we didn't see them often. Once everything settled and school began, I planned to invite them over for dinner often.

Cass and Dante, well, they had a love of children. Werewolves had the ability to carry one child, however, more often than not, they would have a litter, of sorts. When they gave birth to Leila, their first baby girl, they fell pregnant again not even two months later, and they had triplets, two boys and another girl. Leila was almost three, the boys were two now, and Cass was four months pregnant with another two, two girls this time. The couple was clearly incredibly fertile, and I was glad they so easily expanded their family after they spent so long trying for their first one.

Erin was here as well, with her mate, an Elder by the name Eadric. She was twenty-one now, and she just recently married her mate. I hadn't had the baby conversation with them, I assumed it was a much deeper conversation considering Eadric was an Elder. She was very happy, and while I didn't know her too well, I was glad my sister in law was doing well.

Elena was here as well, the same shade tan coloured her skin, but her diet much different. John had turned her last year, and they went away for about eight months. When they returned, she'd gotten her thirst under control. They decided against children, wanting to spend forever with each other.

As Ari grew up, John had taken quite a liking to her, and vice versa. It wasn't an odd infatuation, but a strong bonded friendship. When I glanced across the field, I saw them speaking. Elena was a bit aways, talking enthusiastically to my wife, both of them were now holding one of the twins. I watched John laugh at something my daughter said, and she snickered and rolled her eyes. I smiled.

"Okay everybody," My mom called out, "lunch is served!"

People formed a line at the food tables, but as Alpha and Luna, Isabelle and I stood back to let our family go first. Elena handed me Noah, and I slid to stand beside my wife, who looked at me, smiling so broadly it nearly blinded me.

"I can't believe we're here," she said softly, moving her gaze to Oliver as she sent her a baby grin from his place in her arms. "Three years of marriage, four children, a home, a pack. We did it, baby. We successfully have the life we want."

"I'm so glad I get to share it with you," I replied back. I watched the line of people, watched John help Ari arrange a plate while Elena had Charlie on her hip, helping her with hers. I saw my parents standing away from the food tables and seated at one of the vacant tables that were spread across the lawn, talking and laughing. At that same table, Rowan and Reece sat, a baby Roland on his mother's lap.

I watched Gabriel Caine give his wife a bite of his food, and then I watched him trade plates with her because she liked what he had better.

I watched Julian and Isaac sit beside each other, Matty in Julian's arms as his husband fed the baby soft foods while my best friend smiled in adoration at the two of them.

"I love you," Isabelle said, pulling me from my people-watching. "And I love the life I have with you. I am so glad that I get to share this with you."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I said, leaning forward to kiss my wife gently, "after all, I am rightfully yours."

THE END