001

Good mawning, lovely's. I hope you all have a great day.

And with that, XXXDuckie out.

_____

Odessa
6/1/18
7:28 pm

I got dressed, putting on some jeans, a plain white cami, and a sky blue flannel around my waist, I put on my high top white air forces; as for the final touch, a small gold chain that my father gifted me.

it's been raining in Miami for almost a year straight, but this city still maintains its hype and prevalence. It's astonishing.

During times like this, the beach is still open, but nobody really goes anymore. Things were just different now.

Today wasn't just a regular day. the city had been planning this for months, i've been waiting submissively for this.

I grabbed my keys and my clear umbrella and walked out. my mom hadn't been home in a few hours when she'd left.

I locked the front door and opened the garage, pulling out and closing it again.

I drove to the south, where it started.

I parked my car in the alley, locking it and walking out into the street. Miami has this law about park in the street.

cars weren't allowed so people could walk and distinguish the aesthetic and creativity of miami.

i opened my umbrella and held it over me.

i walked around, watching the strobe lights in the apartment buildings flash, turning second by second. Loud music blaring from multiple destinations.

the bakery doors opened, releasing a fresh aura of vanilla and strawberry.

I breathed in, luxuriating in the scents. alley by alley, building by building, strings of vibrant lightbulbs hung, unaffected by the rain.

umbrellas, which had become an essential accessory, were seen everywhere, covered in beads of rain. i got to one end by south beach, watching the pigments being thrown at each other's white shirts.

the laughter of children and adults were all that was heard. they lived wild and free without a care in the world.

i smiled, watching the overtaking purple pigment clouding around the participants.

i walked the other way toward the gardens.

once there, i observed the flowers, watching them lean forward due to the weight of the rainfall.

gasps and murmurs came from all over, making me look back.

we saw a vibrant rainbow form before our eyes. cheers came from everyone on lincoln road.

we watched the rainbow fade, proceeding to go back to doing whatever we were doing.

i got over to the roses, finding a purple one in the red bush.

i picked it and smelled it, going through the rest of the garden until the stars came out.

i headed back to my car when i heard footsteps behind me, i decided to not look back, but walk with more nimbleness.

"Aye!"

i looked back, my steps breaking into running feet.

before i knew it, i was against my car with shoulders pinned to my trunk.

i patted myself in search of my keys.

"looking for those?" He taunted, motioning his head to left where my keys laid against the grimy, discolored bricks.