Into the Dalek ― II

Continued from Into the Dalek ― I__________

__________

"A good Dalek?" Clara blinked, her and Lucas sitting on a set of steps that lead to the upper level of the console room as they listened to the Doctor and Lexi's story.

"There's no such thing." The Doctor shook his head, him and Lexi leaning against the console as they looked at their companions.

"That's a bit inflexible." Clara raised an eyebrow as she and Lucas got to their feet, setting their (now) empty coffee cups aside. "Not like you. I'd almost say prejudiced."

The Doctor considered her. "Do I pay you? I should give you a raise."

Clara snorted. "You're not my boss. You're one of my hobbies."

"And what a fun hobby you can be." Lexi giggled, shooting her husband a wink as they headed for the doors.

"Definitely, boss." The Doctor winked back.

"At least we know the flirting hasn't changed all that much." Lucas muttered to Clara as they followed the Couple of Time, Clara laughing in agreement.

***

"That was quick." Journey remarked as the Doctor and Lexi reentered the lab, their companions now with them.

"This is gun girl." The Doctor pointed at her as Clara and Lucas looked around. "She's got a gun, and she's a girl. This is a sort of boss one. Are you the same one as before?"

"Yes." Morgan nodded slowly.

"I think he's probably her uncle, but I may have made that up to pass the time while they were talking. This is Clara, not my assistant. She's, er, some other word."

"I'm his carer." Clara said promptly.

"Yeah, my carer. She cares so I don't have to."

Lexi sighed before gesturing at Lucas. "And this is Lucas. He is not my carer, but he is my friend and dutiful voice of reason when I am incapable of doing so." She then gestured at Journey and Morgan. "Lucas, Clara, meet Lieutenant Journey Blue and her uncle, Colonel Morgan Blue. I do apologize for the Doctor, he tends to be like this."

"Can you blame me, love?" The Doctor asked before opening the security doors of the chamber where the Dalek was being kept.

"Not really." Lexi shrugged, looking pointedly at the Dalek.

"Doc...tor." The Dalek said.

"Hello again." The Doctor nodded.

"Will you... help me?"

"Will you?" Clara asked.

"A Dalek so damaged, it's turned good." The Doctor nodded. "Morality as malfunction. How do I resist?"