Deep Breath ― III

Continued from Deep Breath ― II__________

__________

Clara and Lucas walked into a quiet Mancini's and sat down at a round table with a curved bench, both of them once again looking at the advert.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, suddenly feeling a presence beside him. "Well, we're here."

"Yes, I can see that." Lexi nodded once as she and the Doctor sat down.

Clara raised an eyebrow at the Couple of Time as she took note of how both of them were no longer wearing their sleepwear from the previous night, Lexi now wearing a long sleeve grey Victorian gown with her light blonde hair pinned up atop her head and the Doctor now wearing a black classic Victorian suit. "You've changed."

"My wife claimed I smelled." The Doctor shrugged.

Lexi snorted. "He was digging in the rubbish. And I didn't want to go around London in my nightie."

Lucas couldn't help but let the corners of his mouth quirk up in a smile. "I'm starting to see it now."

"You're not cross with us?" The Doctor asked, surprised at the two friends.

"Not cross, per se." Clara said, setting the advert down on the table. "Just... unsure, I think."

Lexi nodded slowly, pursing her lips in thought before she shrugged. "Well, that's better than we thought you'd be."

"Yes, well, your children might've had a hand in it." Lucas told them.

The Doctor smiled slightly at that. "Of course they would."

"By the way, not a bad way to get in contact." Lexi pointed at the ad Clara had set down on the table. "'The Impossibles.'"

Clara frowned. "No, no, no, we didn't place the ad. You placed the ad."

"No, we didn't." The Doctor shook his head.

"Yes, you placed the ad. Jupiter and Sky figured it out. 'The Impossibles'. Aka The Impossible Man and the Impossible Girl. The Couple of Time's Impossibles, see? Lunch."

"No." Lexi shook her head, pointing. "Look, the Impossibles... That is a message from the Impossibles."

"For the Impossibles." Lucas corrected.

"Well, if none of us placed that ad, who placed... that ad?" The Doctor trailed off as he looked out over the room at all the other people. "This could be a trap." He whispered. "It's... it's a vanity trap. We're so busy arguing about solving the puzzle, we don't notice we're sticking our heads in a noose."

Lexi raised an eyebrow as the Doctor plucked a hair from his head. "That's not the only grey one, my sweet, in case you were wondering."

"What, do you have a problem with the grey ones?" He asked as he let it fall.