Into the Dalek ― I

Start from the beginning

"Hello." Lexi greeted, giving her a small smile.

She sprang to her feet and snatched up her gun, pointing it right at the Doctor, the one closest to her.

Lexi quickly took a step forward, but the Doctor just nodded. "You'll probably feel a bit sick. Please, don't be."

"Where's my brother?" The woman demanded.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor. That's the Glorious."

"He was right beside me! Where's Kai? How did I get here?"

"We materialized a time capsule exactly 'round you and saved your life one second before your ship exploded, but do please keep crying." The Doctor sighed.

"It's sad, but not everybody lives. Not all the time." Lexi said quietly. "Now, please, put the gun down."

"Or what?" The woman glanced at her out of the corner of her eye.

"Or you might shoot someone." Lexi raised an eyebrow. "Where would you be then?"

"In charge of your vessel." The woman retorted.

The Doctor snorted. "You'd starve to death trying to find the light switch. Who are you?"

"I'm Lieutenant Journey Blue of the Combined Galactic Resistance." She answered. "I demand you take me back to my command ship, the Aristotle, which is currently located –"

"No." The Doctor shook his head. "Hey, not like that."

Journey narrowed her eyes. "You will take me back to my command ship, which is currently positioned –"

"Hey, no." Lexi shook her head. "Come on, what's the magic word?"

Journey bit her lip before slowly lowering her gun. "Will you take me back to my ship?" She hesitated a moment before sighing. "Please?"

The Doctor nodded, going around the console. "The Aristotle's the big fella parked in the asteroid belt, yeah?"

"It's shielded!" Journey's eyes widened.

"More or less." The Doctor shrugged as he pulled the dematerialization lever.

Flipping a couple switches, Lexi shot an encouraging look Journey's way. "Braveheart, Journey Blue."

***

The three of them exited the TARDIS, Journey doing a double take when she saw the TARDIS exterior. "It's smaller on the outside."

"It's more exciting when you go the other way. " The Doctor sighed as they began walking through the ship, taking everything in. "This isn't a battleship. Medical insignia – it's a hospital."

"We don't need hospitals now." A man with a graying beard said as he walked up, two armed soldiers behind him. "The Daleks don't leave any wounded, and we don't take prisoners."

The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "We saved your little friend here, if that's in any way relevant to mention."

"That's true, sir." Journey nodded. "They did."

"Thank you." The man told the Doctor.

"You're welcome." The Doctor nodded.

"We truly wish we could've done more." Lexi looked to Journey as she remembered her mentioning her brother.

"Then you should have." The man said.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "Okay..."

"But you did save Journey, and for that, I am personally grateful."