Chapter 2: The Proposal

After the shower, I curled my hair, and put on my makeup. I only use makeup for important reasons like these. But, I only used eyeliner and mascara. I put on my white strapless dress, that falls mid-thigh. Showing off my toned legs, that I spend hours in the gym perfecting. I guess you can say I'm like the guys. I do guy stuff, that's just what I'm comfortable with. My mom hates it. She hates a lot of things. I heard a knock on the door,
"Sweetheart, are you ready?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I yelled. I grabbed my clutch and my phone and walked out the door. Hunter's eyes went wide when we was examining me.

"You look amazing." he said.

"So, do you." I say walking up to him and planting a soft, long kiss on his lips.

"Please, get a room." Jace complained.

"Trust me, we will." I say winking at Hunter.

"We will return." Hunter says walking us to the door.

"Yeah, i'll make sure I'm asleep." Jace says. I couldn't help but laugh.

|~*~|

"Are we there yet?" I've been asking Hunter this question for an hour at least.

"Almost." He says.

"That's what you said last time I asked." I complained. I started poking his cheek.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Entertaining myself." I say. He grabs my hand and holds it. I look at him and never realized so many things about him. He has marvelous features. Many of them. His blue eyes that sparkle, without even trying. His smile show off his perfect white teeth. He has dimples, that I love. His brown hair falls on his head perfectly, leaving little strands falling off the sides of his face.
"We are here." Hunter says pulling into a parking lot. I look out the window and see a romantic dinner set up on the beach. I jumped out of the car and ran to it. Of course I took off my shoes because I love the feel of the sand on my feet.
"You did all this for me?" I asked.

"Your worth it." He says. I sit down and lift up the lid on the plate. I see cheese pizza. My favorite.

"Good choice of dinner." I say raising up the pizza then taking a bite of it.

"I wanted it romantic, but not that romantic." he says. I laugh at him. We finished the pizza and took a walk on the beach.

"Remember when I smashed that cake in your face on your birthday?" Hunter asked.

"Yes, you got it all in my hair." I say laughing at the memory.

"Remember, when I first met you?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I didn't like you." I laughed at that too.

"Well, I knew exactly when I looked in your eyes, I wanted to be with you until I was on my deathbed." We are know facing each other. Looking into his blue eyes, that sparkly like the ocean. I saw Hunter dig in his pocket and pull out a small box. Then, he got down on one knee. I pulled my hands to my mouth. This can't be happening.
"So, will you Isabelle Faith Gibson marry me and become my wife?"

"Yes!" I shrieked as I jumped into his arms. He kissed me then spun me around.

"Let's head back." I say. We walk back to the car. I get in and wait for my fiancé to get in.

"Your not going to buckle?" he asked.

"I have this theory, that if girls do it in the car, they'll get pregnant." I say. Hunter's eyes got big, then a smirk grew on his face as he started kissing me. His kisses made me go numb. We climbed into the backseat and well, you know what happen from there.

|~*~|

I woke on top of Hunter in the backseat of our car. I had a blanket on top of me. My phone was going off and Jace✊ came on the screen.
"Hello?" I muttered.

"Where the hell are you?" he yelled into the phone.

"Calm down. I'll be home, is the-"

"Dad is.. dying slowly. You need to come." Jace whispered into the phone. My eyes went wide.

"I'll be there." I say hanging up the phone. I sit up and look at Hunter. I start shaking him.

"Hunter!" I yelled.

"Go back to sleep." he muttered.

"Hunter, my dad is dying slowing we have to go." I say. Hunter got up and went to the drivers side. I just looked out the window, silently crying. I noticed Hunter would glance at me. Just to make sure I was okay. But, let's just say, I was slowly dying on the inside.