Chapter 21: I'm...

Y/N's POV

   It was a few weeks after me and Thomas has gotten back from Paris, and I woke up feeling quite strange, and a strong smell of meat hitting my nose.

   I figured I was just sick, so I shrugged and sat up, glancing next to me.

   Thomas wasn't there, which meant he was probably making breakfast.

   I slowly got up, the room spinning. I groaned and rubbed my head. 'Wow. That smell is really strong...I think I mi--'

   My thoughts were cut off by me feeling a warm liquid rise in my throat.

   I immediately covered my mouth, rubbing to the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet. Once I was done, I could taste the bitter leftovers of the vomit. I shook my head, trying to rid the taste from my mouth, but to no avail.

   My eyes then widened. "Wait a minute..," I said to myself. "Senesitive to smells, throwing up..? Oh God." I covered my mouth. "I...I think I'm pregnant..."

   I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my face. I then shook my head. "Okay, Y/N. You're gonna go downstairs and see if you are still sensitive to the meat smell. And then if you are, you're gonna take a pregnancy test," I told myself. I nodded, agreeing with what I had said. So, I heaved myself up, stomach grumbling, and walked down the stairs clumsily. With each step, the smell grew stronger, which made me want to gag.

(I know pregnancy tests weren't around in the 1700s, and I'm pretty sure toilets weren't either, but just go with it.)

   Thomas was waiting for me at the table, a smile on his face. "Hey, honey!" he chirped happily, a plate of bacon in front of him and one at my seat. "I made you breakfast. And there's some more bacon sizzling too."

   I made the decision not to tell Thomas that I was pregnant unless I was 100% sure. So I nodded with a smile, silently gagging because of the smell. "Thanks, babe!" I said weakly, sitting down at the table.

   Thomas looked at me suspiciously. "Are you okay..?" he asked slowly.

   "Of course! Just tired!" I lied, smiling. I took a piece of bacon and tried my best to breathe through my mouth so I wouldn't inhale the disgusting fumes. I nibbled it, and the taste wasn't bad. Just the smell.

   Thomas still didn't look entirely convinced, but nodded anyways. "Okay. But if something's wrong, you know you can tell me, right?"

   I nodded. "Of course!"

   He smiled and ate some of his bacon too.

   I finished my bacon, accidentally breathing in through my nose. I felt vomit coming up. I bit my lip. "I'll be right back, honey!" I said, dashing upstairs to the nearest bathroom.

   I crouched down next to the toilet, throwing up all of the bacon I had previously eaten.

   If I was pregnant, I wanted the baby out of me as soon as possible. Nine months of that seemed like hell.

   I grabbed a pregnancy test once all the bacon was out of me and did my business on it. I then waited a bit and saw two lines appear.

   Positive.

   I smiled widely and stared at the test in shock.

   I was gonna be a mother.

   Thomas' POV

   I tilted my head to the side as I watched Y/N run upstairs. "She does not seem okay...maybe she's sick..."

   I decided I was gonna check on her. So I went up the stairs, seeing her in the bathroom, holding a stick of some sort with tears in her eyes.

   Wait...that wasn't a stick...

   That was...

   A pregnancy test.

   I covered my mouth, my heart giving a happy jolt at the thought of me being a dad. "Y-Y/N?" I stuttered weakly.

   Y/N spun around, her eyes meeting mine. "Thomas! I-I'm glad you came up here!"

   I looked at the stick and its results. My heart gave another happy jolt. "Are you..?"

   She nodded. "I'm..."

   Y/N's POV

   "I'm pregnant!" I said, jumping up and down.

   Thomas stared at me, his jaw dropping.

   I bit my lip, afraid that he didn't want a child. "Oh...did you not--"

   I was cut off by Thomas embracing me in a gentle yet firm hug. He picked me up and spun me around, laughing. "Oh my God! I'm gonna be a dad!" he squealed.

   I laughed as well and cried happy tears. "Yes you are..."

   Thomas carried me to our bedroom, laying me down and putting a pillow under my head and under my feet.

   "What are you doing?" I asked him.

   "You need rest. You're pregnant, for God's sake!" he smiled.

   I pouted. But before I could protest, Thomas cut me off.

   "Don't worry. I'll be here with you," he said, laying next to me and carefully wrapping his legs around my waist.

   I smiled and kissed him softly, to which he kissed back.

   We both pulled apart simultaneously. "I'm gonna be a mom..," I said to myself, a dazed expression crossing my features.

   Thomas chuckled. "Yes you are..," he said and pulled me closer.

   "I love you..," I smiled.

   "I love you too."

   I snuggled into Thomas more. I then heard him mumble softly, "I hope it's a girl."

   I chuckled lightly, pecking his forehead before drifting off.