Chapter 15: A Pass

Y/N's POV

   I walked over to Alex's house, Thomas by my side. Alexander had invited me over for food and conversation making, so...

   Thomas scowled and crossed his arms as we walked. "What?" I asked, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

   "I've got this feeling--"

   "Great..."

   "--that Hamilton is up to no good with this get-together," Thomas finished.

   "Will you relax?" I giggled, lightly nudging Thomas with my elbow, making him flinch slightly. "Alex is a friend. I guarantee you that he has no ulterior motive."

   Thomas scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I hope you're right."

   By then we had reached the Hamilton residence. I looked at Thomas with pleading eyes. "Please don't embarrass me," I said with a worried tone.

   Thomas crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "I'll behave if he does."

   I rolled my eyes also and knocked on the door.

   Eliza opened the door with a smile. "Y/N!" she greeted happily. She looked at Thomas, her smile faltering slightly. I think that she was still salty with him for avoiding me. "Thomas."

   "Eliza," Thomas said with a nod.

   Eliza turned her attention back to me. "So, what brings you here?" she asked cheerfully.

   "Well, I've come to see Alexander," I answered. "He wrote me a letter saying that we needed to have a talk. Whatever that means."

   Eliza cocked her head to the side, confused. "Okay...I don't have the slightest idea on what he would need to tell you, but come on in!"

   I stole a glance at Thomas, and I could practically see the gears turning inside of his head. He chewed on his lower lip as he started to look angry. "Freaking orphan..," he muttered, pushing past Eliza and storming inside.

   I looked at Eliza and shrugged, following Thomas in.

   Thomas' POV

   No. I couldn't let this happen.

   There was only one thing that Hamilton could want to talk to Y/N about.

   And that's that he was falling in love with her.

   I pushed past his "wife" and stormed inside, looking for Hamilton.

   After a moment of looking, I found him upstairs, writing like he was running out of time.

   Again.

   "Hey, orphan," I hissed, very ticked off.

   Hamilton wearily turned around, bags under his eyes. "What do you want?" he asked, squinting his eyes at me.

   I walked up to his desk and leaned on it, pretending to think about something. "Hm...Oh, that's right. What did you intend on discussing with Y/N?"

   Hamilton suddenly looked very nervous. "Th-that's none of your concern," Hamilton stuttered weakly, getting up from his chair. "And why are you here, anyway? I invited Y/N. Not you."

   I chuckled and crossed my arms. "One, it is my concern. I'm not stupid, Hamilton. I know why you wanted to talk to her. And second, I got invited by her."

   Hamilton crossed his arms, too. "Well, this is my house. And I would like you to leave."

   I opened my mouth to object, but got cut off by Eliza's voice. "Alexander, come downstairs! Y/N is here!"