Chapter 17: The Affair

Y/N's POV

Slowly but surely, things had gotten better. I was able to push the Alex incident in the way back of my mind where it couldn't bother me, and Thomas was making more time for me.

But one day, he came home with some juicy news.

I was reading a book, when Thomas came through our front door, an evil smirk on his lips.

I sighed as I saw his expression. "What is it now, Thomas?" I asked wearily. Thomas had been coming home with rather boring news about Alexander Hamilton every day that week.

"Oh, nothing~," Thomas hummed, rushing to his desk and beginning to write.

"Just tell me," I sighed, walking over to his desk and crossing my arms tightly over my chest.

"It's nothing, darlin'~," Thomas said in a dazed voice, continuing to write.

I gripped Thomas by the shoulders, shaking him. "Damn it, Thomas! Just tell me!" Needless to say, I was getting curious.

Thomas chuckled, removing my hands from his shoulders. "Okay, okay, fine. There's just this rumor about Alexander Hamilton going around. It's pretty juicy~."

I rolled my eyes. "That's what you say every time you come home like this. What kind of rumor?"

Thomas smirked. "Well...rumor has it that Alexander Hamilton had an affair with a Mrs. Maria Reynolds~."

I gasped. "Really? Oh my gosh...how do you know it's true?"

Thomas smirked again. "Well, Hamilton may or may not have told me, James, and Aaron."

I face-palmed. "He's so stupid..," I mumbled.

"Well, he didn't really have a choice," Thomas said ominously.

I looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

"So, me, Aaron, and James found some money that was moving to a Mr. James Reynolds. And we thought that Hamilton was embezzling government money to pay this person. So we confronted him about it, and he confessed, knowing that if he didn't, we would say he was embezzling government money. He basically told us that she had him in a corner and that James Reynolds forced him to pay him. He said that if he didn't, he would tell Eliza. Alex obviously paid him, and Hamilton made us promise not to share it, but Aaron made a threat to tell. So now I'm gonna write a book explaining everything he did to the public."

   And with stars in his eyes, Thomas continued writing.

   I nodded. "That does sound pretty juicy..."

   Thomas nodded, his quill scratching along the paper at a rapid rate. "Honey?"

   "Yes?"

   "Could you go somewhere else?" Thomas asked as politely as he could. "You're kinda distracting me."

   I sighed but nodded. I sauntered my way over to my bedroom, laying down on the bed to think about what Thomas had told me moments prior.

   I then had an idea. I went over to Alex's house to see if the rumor was true, and to lecture him for being so dumb.

   I knocked on the door, running a hand through my h/l, h/c hair.

   Alex opened the door, looking as fired and messed up as ever. The bags under his eyes were a dark purple and his eyes were drained of emotion. His hair was a mess and his clothes were wrinkled also. (I wonder why...) He smiled once he saw that it was me. "Y/N! I'm so happy to see you!"

   I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Cut the crap, Alex. Did you have an affair?"

   Alex just stood there. "Um...I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about...Where did you get this--"

   "Thomas told me," I answered. "You paid someone to keep it a secret, didn't you?"

   Alex went from looking nervous to pissed. "That God damn Jefferson..," he muttered to himself.

   I crossed my arms. "Well? I'm waiting, Alexander--I mean Hamilton."

   Alex sighed. "It's true," he simply said.

   I took a deep breath in. "Why?" I said, giving him the "boi" sign.

   Alex bit his lip and looked down. "She said she was having troubles with her husband. So I gave her money and walked her home. Then she just led me to her bed and begged me to stay. Then...you know what happened next..."

   I nodded. "Uh-huh. I do. Hamilton! How could you be so stupid?"

   "You don't know Maria!" Alex said, his voice raising slightly. "Her body made me do it...she was so--"

   "Don't wanna hear it!" I said, holding up a hand. "Boi, you ugly as hell! You look like my foot!" I held up my foot and screamed. "Execute yoself."

   (My friend made me do it. XD Sorry...)

   Alex looked down. "Y/N...I think you're overreacting a little. You would've done the same thing if a hot guy made up that story and led you to his bed..."

   "No I wouldn't have, Hamilton!" I yelled. "I love Thomas too much for that! Yeah, I would've done something. And that somethung would be smacking the dude across the face, telling him I was taken. Come on, Hamilton! How could you disrespect Eliza like this? Where is she? Does she know?" Tears filled my eyes as I thought of how Eliza would feel.

   "Actually, she's upstate with Angelica and the kids. They invited me to go, but I stayed because I had work to do..," Alex mumbled, preparing himself for another round of lecturing.

   I inhaled and made the "boi" sign to Alex again. "Alex! How could you be so stupid? You could've worked while you were there!" I groaned, buried my face in my hands at the sheer stupidity of the situation.

   "Angelica and Eliza would have distracted me!" Alex defended himself.

   "And they would have also prevented this entire situation! Congratulations, Hamilton. You have invented a new kind of stupid." I squinted at him and walked away.

   "Y/N!" I heard him yell from behind me. I didn't stop. I just kept on walking.

***

   When I got home, I yeeted myself onto the couch, groaning.

   Thomas looked up from his writing. "Is something wrong?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

   I looked at Thomas and sighed. "Hamilton is an idiot."

   Thomas smirked. "I'm glad you see it my way," he said and continued writing.

   I groaned again.

   But then a pamphlet was slipped under my door.

   I raised an eyebrow and walked over to it, picking it up.

   The title was "The Reynolds Pamphlet."

   I put a hand over my mouth and gasped. "Thomas?"

   "Yeah?"

   "Come over here..."

   Thomas stood up and peered over my shoulder at the pamphlet I was holding. He snorted. "Ha! He was stupid enough to tell everyone himself!" He then looked a bit sad. "Now my writing has literally no point." He perked up again. "Oh well! This is the best day of my life! He messed up so bad!"

   Thomas jumped up and down.

   I just read over the pamphlet, shaking my head. "You poor, stupid soul..," I mumbled, referring to Alex. I sighed. He had quite a storm coming...

Thank you all for taking the time to read this book!! :D I love you all! I have over 1K reads!! Thanks again!!