Reunion in an unexpected way

A/N: so I got comments saying you guys liked last chapter, if you did remember to vote for it please. Thank you for reading this story so far, and here is the next chapter. Enjoy!

(Y/N P.O.V)

I woke up and got ready for the day. After I got ready I headed out to the two bakers I had met a few days ago. I got some more tarts and started to head to a tea shop I had heard about. It was quite a long walk, but it was worth it. I reached the tea shop after about an hour, I then asked for a table. I waited for a few minutes, it sounded busy today. I was seated and waited for someone to take my order. I heard a familiar voice. "(Y/n) it's been awhile."

You:"You seem lively today Zuko."

Zuko:"I didn't think you where still in the city."

You:"I am for a little while longer."

Zuko:"So what do you want?"

You:"I was hoping to have some jasmine tea."

I heard Zuko walk away. I waited awhile for the tea to come. To my surprise Iroh was the one to bring it. "How are you doing (y/n)? It's been awhile."

You:"Yes well I have been busy."

Iroh:"Well I hope you enjoy the tea."

You:"You always make good tea so I am sure I will."

Iroh:"Thank you for your kind words."

You:"All ways."

I heard Iroh walk away from the table. I took a sip of the tea and smiled. 'Finally a moment to clear my head'. I thought of what to do from here. 'I have no idea where the others are, but at least I know Appa is free, I need some help'.

I finished the tea and payed for it. After I left I started to think of a way to get answers. 'I maybe able to get to the earth king if I find out who is guarding the palace'. I started to gather information on who guarded the palace at what times by getting into the shadier parts of the city.

(Time skip 1 day)

I was walking up to a palace secret entrance. I had found out from a guard where it was. 'I hate these underhanded tactics, but I will do what is needed for my friends'. I head down the passageway to the palace and find a door. Once I get into the palace I start to search for the throne room. After awhile I manage to find the door to the throne room. I opened the giant doors and walked in. Once I had walked a few yards in I kneeled down. "Earth king, I am sorry to barge in like this but I seek your help."

I heard an unexpected voice in response. "You will need to ask help from someone else."

You:"Azula, what are you doing here?"

Azula:"Well you don't really need to know that."

I heard someone flip through the air. 'Ty lee'. I dodged her as she fell. I then heard three objects moving through the air. I new it was Mai's throwing daggers so I ducked under them. I then felt the heat of Azula's fire coming at me. I put my two pointer and middle fingers together and focused my bending outward. This caused her fire to go around me instead of burning me. "I won't die that easily."

I then pushed Azula back with a blast of air. Though I did leave myself open for Ty lee to knock me out. 'D-da...mn'.

(Time skip 2 hours)

I woke up in a rough enclosed space. 'Ok so I don't feel a draft or air movement, and the floor is rocky, crap I'm in a cave'. I listened and heard voices coming from the other side of a rock. I heard Zuko and Katara! I went around the rock and heard them both say. "(Y/n)?!"

You:"Hey."

Katara:"Where have you been?!"

You:"Mostly in the city."

Zuko:"Why are you here?"

You:"Well your sister apparently didn't kill me, so I guess that's why,where are we anyway?"

Katara:"In a cave below the palace."

You:"Where are the other?"

Katara:"We got letters from different people that we had to see, I stayed behind to help the generals and the earth king."

You:"So is there a plan to get out of here?"

Zuko:"Not unless you have found a way to become an earth bender."

You:"Wait for a rescue then, well I am going to meditate in the corner."

I sat down in a corner waiting for something to happen while I meditated. After about 2 hours I heard rocks moving. I heard the rocks on the other end of the cave collapse. "Aang."

I heard Katara say that and got up. "Hello Aang."

Aang:"(Y/n) your here."

Iroh:"How did you get stuck down here (y/n)?"

You:"It's a long story."

Iroh then told us to go find the others after Zuko asked him why he brought Aang with him. "We have to find Sokka and Toph."

I nodded as we ran. But we had to stop when a lightning bolt was thrown at us. I couldn't see it of course, but it wasn't exactly quite. Aang built a rock wall to block it and we started to fight Azula. I felt the heat of one of her fire blast coming at me so I put my hands together and rapped the fire ball in a sphere of air, this stopped it from harming me and I threw it back at her. I knew she probably dodged it so I stayed on guard. I heard only silence and then a blast of fire from the entrance. 'Well I guess Zuko has awhile to go still'. I fended off a blast from Azula and got to higher ground. I then had to dodge a blast from Zuko. After a minute I heard something fall from the cave ceiling. I can't tell what since I am under ground but from the sound it was huge. I felt a blast of fire coming straight at me, I definitely can't dodge this one but I can do something else. I cupped my hands and inhaled the fire. I was able to do this by using the air to compress it and keep it from actually touching me. I then jumped down and spewed it at a Dai Li agent that had come threw the entrance of the cavern. I ducked under a fist of rock and blew back the attacker. I knew we were way out numbered but needed to figure something out. Sadly things got worse, I felt a powerful force just appear. 'He went into the avatar state again, this is bad'. I then heard a lightning bolt and Aang's avatar state power disappear. 'That is not good'. I started to back up while holding them off. Iroh then came from one of the ledges and started to help us. "You've got to get out of here, I'll hold them off as long as I can!"

You:"Thank you Iroh."

Me and Katara escaped with Aang's body. We were able to get to Appa once on the surface again and we left the earth kingdom capital. Aang was alive, but barely. 'I nearly failed my promise, I have to do better'.

A/N: sorry this is out later then expected but I have school tomorrow and this was delayed for preparation for the beginning of the year, don't hate me plz. Next chapter will be up soon since it is already mostly done. Bye