Long Nights

“Fuck….who would steal your car?!” Quinn shouted, as she started pedaling faster on her bike. “I honestly do not know. Just why is he headed to the junk yard?” I grunted, damn it…

~~~15 minutes ago~~~

For some reason, my dream was about bagels. Then I heard the sound of a car turning on and a bagel that was in front of me had wheels…I think I should get a midnight snack.

I yawned as I started lifting my blankets off of me when I heard wheels screech on my street…shiz (A/N: Trying to lower the use of cuss words…well at least for Samantha, Quinn is free to do whatever XD)

I took off to my window to see my car at the end of the street. Was that Quinn chasing after it? I ran down the stairs, getting flip-flops and screeching at my father, “Dad! Call the cops!” I bet he is still asleep. Grabbing my bicycle from the front porch, I began cycling like the devil was right behind me.

There were two reasons why I was using this much energy. One, Quinn was all alone running after the ass who took my car. Two, I worked hard for that car, and I want it back!

After a few minutes, I finally caught up with Quinn. I was trying to get my phone out my pants when I slowed down…I forgot it at home…

Quinn, noticing that I slowed down, threw me her phone. “Saw you fumbling with your pants. This is why you should drink coffee.” I scoffed and dialed the police.

“Hello? 911 emergency! My car has been stolen! And I’m in pursuit! Yeah? I need the all units, the whole squadron!” Quinn gave me a look. I sighed. “Just send someone here…” This is going to be a long night…and tomorrow is going to be worse.

~~~Back to the Present~~~

The driver pushed past the fence that lead to the junk yard. It was fast enough to go over the train tracks and not ruin the tires…but then a train came by.

Quinn and I got off our bikes and waited for the train to pass . Q kicked a couple of pebbles at the train, “Great, now the bastard could be anywhere in this forsaken junk yard.” I sighed. The train was finally gone and I yanked on Quinn’s arm. “Let’s just go find the car.”

We ran over to some piles of junk. Quinn mumbled some curse words under her breath and pulled on my shirt. “Oh, my God.” I spoke as my car- I mean robot aimed a spotlight at the sky. “Oh no, Mars attacks!” Quinn whispered. I gave her a look and sighed. “Q, this is not the time for making jokes! There is a freaking robot right there!”

I took out her phone and started filming. Quinn just shrugged and began nibbling on skittles.

“My name is Samantha Witwicky, and my friend Quinn Willoweed. Whoever finds this phone, my car is alive okay?” I shone the camera where the robot stood and then back at me. I gulped some air, “Since this is my last words on Earth, I just wanna say, Mom, Dad, I love you, and if you find a box of Jack Daniels under my bed, it wasn’t mine. I’m holding them for Miles.”

“You are such a dork.”

I groaned, “No wait, okay that’s not true, it’s mine and Uncle Charles gave it to me.”

“I had a feeling he was my type of Uncle.”

“I’m sorry. Mojo, I love you.” I finished. Quinn started clapping as I finally gave back her phone. “That was great speech and all, but we got ourselves in a hole.” She pointed behind me. I turned around and saw two dogs get up and start to growl. “Shit, run!”

We ran over to some boxes that looked well enough to support both of our weights and jumped up. “You are a good dog! Yep, good dog! REALLY GOOD DOG!” Quinn kept shouting. I pushed her behind me as my car came around and chased the dogs away. Quinn began whimpering. “Okay you win! Take the keys but don’t harm us! I don’t want them! The car is yours!”

I picked up Quinn and started running from the car. Finally there was the police. I slowed down and put Quinn on her feet. “Great, you’re here.” Two cops came out of the car.

“Let me see your hands!” One of the cops said, slowly making their way towards us.

Quinn finally spoke up, “No, the guy’s inside!”

“Shut up! Walk towards the car!” We both did what we told, our hands behind our head.

“Put your head on the hood!” Damn, were these cops bossy or what?

Quinn and I gently laid our hoods on the car. They finally brought us to the police department. My dad was there as we started the interrogations with a nut job.

“I don’t think she can be any clearer than how crystal clear she is. The car just stood up.” I sighed for about the umpteenth time. This was going nowhere.

“Wow, that’s really neat. Okay chiefie time to fill her up. No drippy-drippy.” Quinn gave a bizarre look as I raked my hand through my hair. “What are you rolling? Whippets? Goofballs?” What was a goofball? “A little wowie sauce with the boys?” Quinn just shook her head, “We aren’t on any drugs.”

The cop ignored her and looked at me, “What is this? Found this in your pocket.” He was showed me Mojo’s painkillers.  “ ‘Mojo’.  Is that what kids are doing now?  A little bit of Mojo?” I sighed, “Those are my dog’s pain pills.” The guy looked at my dad as he said, “You know a little Chihuahua…little…” Quinn leaned over to me, “You have your dog’s painkillers but you forget your phone?” I sighed.

He put his hand over his face as I could see his gun clearly. He caught me in the act as he started giving another speech. “What was that, you eyeballing my piece 50 cent? Make something happen, do it. ‘Cause I promise you, I will bust you up.”

Quinn leaned over the table with a smug look on her face, “You are a sad delusional little man. You must feel special, don’t ‘cha?”