Chapter 1

"Marydale, sigurado ka ba sa gagawin mo?"

"Oo. Lahat na, sila ang nasunod sa buong buhay ko. Mula sa damit na isusuot ko, sa course ko sa college, sa work. Kahit mga naging boyfriends ko dati kelangan parents-approved. Dito, dito sa gagawin ko, desisyon ko 'to. At walang makakapigil sakin."

"Bes, alam mo namang iniisip ko lang kung anong mangyayari sayo di ba? Andaming horror stories sa dating sites ngayon."

"Kaya nga Bes andito ka di ba? Hangga't di ako nagbibigay ng signal na iwan mo ko, wag mo kong iiwan ha."

"Ok, Bes. Mag-iingat ka pa rin."

Marydale is the sole heiress of the Entrata empire. Her parents are well-known in the business community in the Philippines. Aside from that, she is an only child so her parents are very protective of her to the point that everything she has to do or make requires her parents' approval. She has also a personal bodyguard which they evaded to meet a guy. A guy she will give her virginity to.

"Alam ko hindi naman fair na ipamigay ko ang aking V-card kung kani-kanino lang. I dreamt of giving it to the person I love and will marry someday but apparently, I can't choose even my own husband. So, this is the second best. Na-filter na natin candidates from hundreds, I think. And based from his profile, at least attracted ako sa kanya."

"Naku, Marydale. Siguraduhin mo talaga ha. Na buo na yung desisyon mo. And face the consequences of your actions."

"Ok, Bes. Ayan na yata siya. Sige, I'll let you go. Wait for my text or something ha. Bye."

Marydale waited for her date to arrive. His name is EJ Bar. He walked into the bar wearing a black leather jacket over a plain white shirt, denim jeans and boots. A typical bad boy look that is so opposite from her past boyfriends. Also a no-no in her parents' approved list so it's perfect for her mission for tonight.

"Atticus?," asked by the man in leather jacket.

"Finch. So are you EJ?," I asked

"Yes, and you're Yam," he answered.

We had to speak in codes. Mahirap na baka may magpanggap na iba. And I had to use an alias. After all, my name is still well-known.

"So, are you sure you want to do this?," EJ asked.

"Very. The rules we talked about still apply. No real names, no personal information about each other. And tomorrow, we revert to not knowing each other."

"You know, you're my kinda girl. I don't do relationships but this I do. But I have a question, are you really a vir..."

"Stop right there, yes I am. And I want you to make this as bearable as possible. Can you do that?"

"Bearable? Yam, wala pang nagreklamo sakin na girl. They all went home very happy."

"Eeeew, are you sure that you're clean?"

"I swear, I'm clean. I always use protection and had my test just last week. No problem. Besides, I'm picky. I don't sleep with every girl I meet even if she is pretty."

"Ok. I believe you. So let's go?"

"Yam, yam, yam. Ano bang akala mo sa gagawin natin, race? We have to set the mood. Mukha ka pang tense. Bartender, 2 shots of tequila please!"

Oh, no. Tequila. Either magwawala ako nito or matutulog. What should I do?

"Here, drink this."

"EJ, I think..."

"Don't think Yam, just drink. It's for your own good."

"Okay!"

An hour after, EJ decided that giving tequilla to Yam is the worst thing to do. It made her lose her inhibitions. He tried to stop her so many times from going up and stand on the table to dance.

She was wearing a very tight black mini skirt and a red halter top. It is backless so she is not wearing any bra. All eyes are on her, even the females.

She moved to the rhythm seductively. The men were surrounding the table and were encouraging her with their shouts. He wanted to bash their face in.

This was the first time EJ felt protective and possessive of a girl. He didn't want their eyes on her. So, he pulled her down, and put his jacket on her. He zipped it to her neck so that she would be fully covered. He stared at the men and dared them to stop him. Luckily, they backed off.

EJ brought Yam to the hotel. He let her drunken self to sleep.

I'm still a gentleman. I don't sleep with a girl who is still, err, asleep. You know what I mean.

He decided to sleep on the couch. When the morning came, he woke to a Yam-less bed and a decision.

I will find you, Yam, no matter what.