five

the next day at school, jonah waited anxiously for cyrus at the front doors.

he got there, and jonah immediately ran over to him. "hey cy-guy! you got your mark yesterday, i wanna see what dude gets to be the lucky winner.

"uhm, okay. i don't think it's anyone i know." cyrus shrugged, letting jonah push his sleeve up.

there it was, the same mark as tj. a heart with stars orbiting around it. jonah's breath hitched.

"jonah? are you okay?" cyrus asked.

"yeah." jonah fake-smiled. "just it's really cool."

cyrus smiled. "yeah, i guess so."

-
it was now three days later, and it was cyrus' first time working at a cafe called the corkscrew. he has told his friends to meet him there, as a surprise to getting a job.

cyrus slightly hid himself as his two friends walked in and sat at a table.

he walked over slowly. as he got to the table he said "may i take your order?"

the two looked up and both smiled. andi got up and hugged him.

"you finally got a job!" buffy laughed, high fiving ber best friend.

"but seriously, though, what's your order?" cyrus laughed making his friends giggle in reply, then telling him their order.

he walked back with the paper in hand and handed to the people in the kitchen.

he heard the little bell ring at the door, and he looked to see who it was.

marty.

cyrus scoffed. he hated marty. back in sophomore year, he lied to and cheated on buffy. with iris! and keep in mind iris didn't know as well.

he walked over to his table. "may i take your order?"

"yeah, um, a french vanilla latte, and that's all." marty said, without even looking up from his phone.

cyrus walked back to the counter and gave the paper to someone, as they came out with andi and buffy's order.

andi had gotten cheescake with whipped cream on top, and a caramel latte, while buffy just got a black coffee.

andi gave him a tip. "thank you for your service, my dear best friend." she bowed, making cyrus laugh.

he walked back up with the tip, and placed it in the tip jar.

-

tj walked down the street in his spring coat, his ears becoming red from the cold.

he walked into the corkscrew, as he was  meeting his friend marty, from the basketball team northern tech and grand happen to share.

he opened the door and saw marty, and he sat across from him. "hi."

"oh hey bro." marty said, again, without looking up from his phone.

he saw the waitress walk over with marty's drink, and she smiled at tj. "what can i get you?"

"a caramel latte please." he smiled, and the waitress nodded as she walked back over to the counter.

a few minutes later, a waiter came out to give tj his drink.

but, the waiter looked familiar to tj.

then it clicked.

that's cyrus!

cyrus set the latte down. "oh hey tj!" he looked at marty and frowned. "marty."

marty waved without looking up from his phone.

"when did you start working here?" tj asked.

"today is my first day. but i gotta go, see ya teej!" cyrus smuled before walking back into the kitchen.

marty finally looked up from his phone. "dude, you seriously hang out with people like him?"

tj was confused. "what do you mean, 'people like him'?"

marty lowered his tone. "you know," he huffed. "gay people."

"ummm....i'm gping to go. you're paying." tj said, before he put a 5 dollar bill in the tip jar and left.