Conquer, Not Admire | Chpt 12

Start from the beginning

(y/n) grabbed my wrist placing my hand on the wall behind her, the other on her hip. She reached her hands up to clasp behind my neck, our faces close.

"Just look distracted talking to me," she said, twirling and end of my hair. "What's the deal with Nyma anyways?" I gripped her clothed hip in my hand, fingers digging into her.

"I just kinda started ignoring her a while ago and she hasn't stopped following me," I murmured.

"I could be so mean to you right now for leading her on like that, but you better thank god I'm feeling nice tonight," she said, watching over my shoulder. She suddenly laughed and I figured that Nyma was probably watching or near. I felt a figure brush past and (y/n) pulled me closer, placing her forehead against mine. Her eyes were focused to my right, watching intently, flitting slightly. "I think she's gone." her eyes shifted over to mine for a moment and we just stared at each other. "What?" I leaned in slightly and she put her hands on my chest to stop me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I just th--"

"I was helping you! God, you can't just be normal for one second," she said, pushing past me into the crowd. I sighed and dropped my head. Whatever, I'll just hang with Lotor or something. I dipped into the party and spotted Lotor and several girls surrounding him. James was nearby with his friends, but I didn't want to be with either groups. I sat down on a couch, the empty end. I watched people dance and drink feverishly as teachers began to go to bed. The Friday night was only beginning. I glanced around, noticing tons of people I knew act completely different, my eyes stopping at Allura for a moment. She was talking to a few people, bobbing around to the music and I felt tempted to approach her, but something about my 'razzle dazzle' just seemed off tonight. Ever since the game.

I glanced around again and there was Shiro and some other guy, probably his boyfriend by the way he was acting near him. Stood across from him were Keith and (y/n), laughing it up. Someone handed them both drinks. Were they drunk? Did they know they were? Keith spun her as they danced and I assumed they were. There was no way Keith would be this loose, even with (y/n). Keith was a grump. (y/n) bobbed her head, mouthing along to the song and shaking her shoulders. I suddenly realized how detached I was from the party, even though the loss from before was a setback, I should at least be enjoying the party. I was a party type of guy. (y/n) tripped and Keith caught her, both of them laughing. I chewed at my lip, watching them put away cups lazily and go to grab more. I stood up and walked over to Shiro and Adam, who didn't seem drunk, at the most they'd be tipsy.

"Hey, how drunk are they?" I asked.

"Lance, were you watching from all the way over there?"

"That's not important, they're trashed, they need help getting back," I said.

"And you're not drunk?" Shiro asked. I shook my head.

"I don't drink," I said. "I'm pretty sure (y/n) doesn't either, she's way under age and so is Keith, they haven't been paying attention to exactly what they're drinking."

"You're right, we should get them back," Shiro said. I nodded and followed the pair towards (y/n) and Keith.

"So you're Lance," said the guy with Shiro.

"Yeah? And you are?" I asked.

"Adam," he said as we walked through people.

"How do you even know me?" I asked. He opened his mouth to respond, but a figure slung themselves on me.

"Lance!" I glanced down at a drunken Keith hanging off me.

"Sorry," Shiro said, pulling him off. "I'll take him to the Gryffindor house." Adam glanced from me to (y/n) and left with Shiro and Keith.