♡Chapter 6~♡

The more they walked, the closer they were getting to Bergen Town.

And they were in fact close, Bergen Town could be seen from miles away.

But it was starting to get dark, so they had to come to a stop for the night.

"Okay, we'll stop right here, it's starting to get late." Branch said, still holding a sleeping Poppy in his arms.

"Oh thank the Troll Gods, my feet were starting to hurt." Guy said, plopping onto the ground.

Everyone took out their sleeping bags and laid down to go to sleep.

Branch laid out Poppy's sleeping bag and carefully laid her down inside of it, making sure she was tucked in completely.

Shifting backward, he studied her for a bit while a tiny smile formed on his face before he snapped himself out of it.

His face went back to it's blank expression as he quickly went over to his sleeping bag and climbed in it, turning over.

Luckily Poppy was laid down behind his back, so he couldn't see her slightly open her eyes and smile at him.

~♡~

Bridget was in her room washing dishes like Chef commanded her to.

"Ten down, one hundred and fifty more to go.." She sighed quietly but quickly looked down when she heard her door knob move around.

Inside came Chef with the trolls in a cage.

"Idget!" Chef scowled at her.

"Y-Yes Chef?" Bridget slowly turned around to look at her hideous face.

"I need you to guard these things. I'm going to talk with the King for a while." She slammed the cage with all the trolls of troll village down onto the counter, making a few of them yelp.

"But.. why? They're in a cage, they won't escape.." Bridget questioned in her sweet and soft voice. (A/N: #MoreloveforBridget)

"Because I don't trust these little devils by themselves. And because I told you to! So don't question me you little brat!" She poked her in the chest harshly.

Bridget just sighed and rubbed her chest in a circular motion. She hated the way Chef treated her all the time, but she was afraid if she ever stood up for herself there would be consequences.

"Okay.."

"Good. I will be back. If I see them gone from this room or if I see you gone, you know what's gonna happen next." Chef eyed her for a second before making her way to the door and walked out, slamming it.

Bridget sniffed and wiped her eyes before turning to look at the cage of trolls, receiving glances back at her, then turning back to the dishes.

"I don't understand our lifestyle sometimes.. why are we like this? Why do I have to be treated like this? Why is our only source of happiness you?" She glanced at the cage again when she said "you".

"I guess I'll never know. It's been years and nobody has found another way for us to finally be happy. You guys? You can automatically be happy out of nowhere. But us? I just don't get it. What am I even saying, I'm just a Scullery Maid. It's not like I'm ever gonna be happy anyway."