Volume 5 (Welcome to Haven)

Start from the beginning

Ruby: Uh... Professor... Lionheart?

Lionheart: *gasped and sat up* QROW! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me to death.

Qrow: *grunted and stood up* Me? Why weren't you waiting for us at the entrance?

Lionheart: Huh? *looked at his pocket watch and saw the time* OH, right. Apologies. I guess time slipped away from me. *stood then up*

Arion: *annoyed* Really now?

Qrow: You're joking.

Nora: *all put their weapons away* Where is everybody?

Lionheart: Ah, you must be the students Qrow mentioned.

Ruby: Yes, sir! Ruby Rose. *saluted*

Jaune: Jaune Arc.

Nora: Nora Valkery. *put her arms swiftly to the sides*

Ren: Lie Ren. *put his hands behind his back and bowed slight*

Arion: Arion Lavellan.

Lionheart: Oh, you must be that elf, Ozpin once mentioned. A honor to meet such a noble creature. Noble? Hear it for the first time. *chuckled* A pleasure to meet you all. Leonardo Lionheart, at your service. I'm afraid must of my staff is currently away until classes ressume, but-

Qrow: *stepped forward and Lionheart backed away* What!? Leo, you can't be serious. Who's guarding the relic!?

Lionheart: Qrow! The children-

Qrow: Already know. I filled them in. What do you mean your staff is away?

Lionheart: You... filled them in?

Nora: *leaned to Ruby* So... is this not going at all like anyone though it would?

Arion: *facepalmed* I know that too well.

They were then all in Lionheart's office. Nora and Ren sat on a couch, Arion looked at the books while listening and Ruby, Jaune and Qrow stood. Lionheart sat at his desk and looked at Qrow who stood before him.

Lionheart: I have to say Qrow, this all seems very reckless, even for you.

Qrow: No, reckless is leaving one of the relics completely unguarded. It's not checking in with Oz for ages.

Lionheart: There was nothing to check in about before the Fall of Beacon. But since that day, Mistral has been in choas! *stood up* Vale wasn't the only kingdom to suffer that night. Everyone was watching, every house in every kingdom saw that poor girl ripped to pieces, *Ruby looked away sad* saw monsters crawling over the city, *Jaune grabbed at his weapon* Atlesian knights attacking citizens... and then nothing. You could feel the dread in the air. With all the negativity, you can imagine what it was like when the Grimm came for us. *looked out at the window* Mistral's controlled territory is the widest reaching in the world, y'know, and that makes it infinietly harder to protect. We lost so many great huntsmen, teachers from this very institution, and it's only gotten worse.

Ruby: W- What do you mean?

Lionheart: *leaned on the widowsill* We may have dealt with the Grimm, but the Mistral council's still at odds with representatives from Atlas. First, it was the dust embargo. Now, it's the closing of borders. I'm not sure what happened to James in Vale, but it seems to have only worsened some of his more... unfortunade tendencies. *sighed and looked at Qrow* And, on top of everything, we still don't know where the Spring Maiden is.

Qrow: All the more reason we need the huntsmen and huntresses here.

Ruby: *stepped forward* Okay! Okay. Things are bad. They're bad. But we can firgure this out. Why is the Spring Maiden so important?