Chapter 16 - Hiding

"I'm fairly certain my back is broken," Macey yawned and stretched as she walked down the stairs out of Hale's jet.

"I'm fairly certain you're exaggerating," Bex replied, following her down the steps.

Macey giggled and Bex felt a smile grow on her face. One thing that made absolute sense in her life was her and Macey's friendship. They clicked and always seemed to find the same things funny. During their little excursion with Hale, Macey and Bex had spent the whole time laughing and giggling over insiders and Hale had just trudged beside them. Bex knew, though, that if Macey found out about her and Hale, their perfect friendship would be over.

"Could you hurry up?"

Bex turned around to find Hale waiting impatiently behind her on the steps.

"Sorry Grumpy," Bex smirked.

Hale glared at her and Bex quickly made her way down the steps.

"Is someone going to wake Dempsey up?" Zach appeared at the top of the stairs.

Kat popped up behind him, "Well considering I'm the only one still in the jet, I guess I will."

Kat disappeared into the jet and one minute later came out with a very groggy Dempsey behind her.

"You don't do flying very well, do you?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, it's not really my thing," Dempsey mumbled.

"There's Marcus," Hale said, pointing to the limo that had just pulled up.

Marcus got out of the driver seat and opened the back door to let the kids in.

"Mr. Hale," He greeted.

Hale nodded and smiled at Marcus, admittedly he had missed him.

As everyone piled into the limo Dempsey stood by the door, looking as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Are you getting in?" Bex asked.

"Yeah, yeah," Dempsey shook his head and got inside the limo.

To be honest, something had caught Dempsey's eye. When Macey was entering the limo, Zach had placed his hand on her lower back to help her inside. It could've seemed that he was being a gentleman but to Dempsey he could see that it was more. He had noticed the glances Zach was always stealing at her, and the way he asked her how she was doing, and how he seemed to always pay attention to what she said. Dempsey may have been tired and jet-lagged, but he was also pretty sure that Zach liked Macey.

"First things first," Zach said once Marcus had shut the door and got into the driver seat.

"We need to call this number," He pulled out the business card Adalberto had given him, "I already called Townsend and told him our plan and he said it's fine with him."

"I think Macey should be the one to call. She's the one he spoke to," Bex suggested.

"I agree," Hale folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his seat.

"Do you want me to call right now?" Macey asked.

"Yep," Zach nodded.

Macey smiled weakly and took the card out of Zach's hand. Then she pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed the number in. She immediately put the call on speaker phone once she heard a deep male voice say, "Hello."

"Hi. It's Macey."

"It's a pleasure to hear from you Macey. I see your boyfriend gave you my card," Adalberto sneered.