Chapter 6 - Unspoken

Minsk, Belarus

Hotel Suite ( As Usual)

"I don't trust her," Zach growled when they were all seated around the kitchen table.

"Clearly," Macey huffed.

"I think we shouldn't judge it yet. She makes valid points," Hale shrugged.

"Do we really need to get ourselves tangled in some murder mystery?" Bex asserted.

"But it has to do with Julia," Dempsey added.

"I don't care if it does. We find Julia and where she's hiding what she stole. That's it," Zach said authoritatively.

After Zach's clear command everyone got silent.

"Can we at least help her?" Macey asked silently.

Zach let out a long sigh and ran his hands through his hair.

"I guess," He grumbled.

"Nadine said that a few days after Julia hit a place, a member of the family that donated whatever she stole was murdered. A few days could be today, tomorrow, or the day after. Point is, that it'll be sometime around now," Macey started.

Everyone's eyes were on her as they listened with curiosity. Macey loved the feeling of having people's attention and calling the shots. She hated Zach ordering her about.

"So we need to find out who donated it and maybe we can stop the murder," Macey finished off.

"I know a thing or two about museums, and unless requested, families who donate pieces are kept anonymous," Hale scoffed.

"I'm sure they have a private list," Bex offered.

"How would we get access to that?" Dempsey wondered.

"We break in," Macey retorted as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

"This museum's not too large, we could do it," Kat almost whispered.

"It requires three people max. We can't all just waltz in there," Zach crossed his arms.

"A spy and a thief," Macey smiled.

"Well, technically, I'm neither so..." Dempsey started.

"I don't think anyone was considering you anyways," Hale laughed.

Every laughed at Hale's snide comment and Kat couldn't help smiling at how this was. Everyone was getting along for the most part and working together. She wondered how long it would last.

"I'm thinking Bex and Hale. Bex is stealthy and Hale is skilled," Zach offered.

"Sounds like a plan," Macey agreed.

"As long as she doesn't snap his head off," Dempsey pointed out, "I can feel the tension from a mile away."

"We can keep it professional," Hale glowered.

"Really wish we had Liz and Simon here to scope out the place," Kat murmured.

"We can do that ourselves," Zach said, pulling out the laptop he had brought.

•••

"Your foot is in my face," Hale complained as he and Bex crawled through the small shaft to reach the museum.

"Then scoot back," she hissed back at him.

As they finally got through the shaft and into the basement of the museum, Bex wiped her hands on her shirt while Hale ran his through his hair.