Chapter 9

The game was today which meant that today was the day that I would get to meet Grace Williams. Danny's daughter. I was a complete wreck. I told Danny that I would meet him there and called Kono to help me get ready.
     "You're stressing so much, she a sweet girl. Don't worry" kono said laughing. We eventually got to the game and were wearing red shirts and jean shorts. I saw Danny, looking amazing as always, holding hands with a young tan girl with brown hair. I assume that was Grace and walked over towards Danny. His eyes lit up when he saw me and I smiled and waved.
"Hey, Harp." He turned to Grace. "Grace, you know how I said I was seeing someone?" Grace nodded. "Well, this is her. Her name is Harper."
Grace stuck out her hand to shake mine.
"What a polite young lady," I said as I shook her hand.
She shrugged and replied. "You can tell a lot about a person from their handshake."
"Wow you father taught you well" I said, smiling at Danny. Throughout the rest of the game Grace and I chatted while Danny and Steve bickered.
     When the game was over I walked Danny and Grace back to his car.
     "Is Harper coming home with us?" France asked. "I really want her to!"
      "Would you, monkey?" Danny replied smirking at me. "It's her choice I guess"
      "I'd love to" I said and hopped in the passengers seat. "Grace what do you wanna do once we get home?"
     "Can we play twister??" Grace squeaked.
     "I would love you see your dad play twister" I said laughing.
     "I don't think so..." Danny replied.
      "Pleaaaaaase?" Grace whines and I joined to giving Danny puppy dog eyes.
      When we got home Grace was passed out in the back seat. Danny carried her in and tucked her into her bed and I watch him from the doorway. We shut off the light and headed out to the living room.
      I sat on the couch and Danny came over with two glasses of wine. I accepted one and took a sip of it smiling as the smooth liquid soothes all the aches from the day.
      "Grace seems to like you." Danny said resting his hand on my thigh.
      "Yeah. I was super nervous though."
     "Don't be. I knew she'd love you."
     I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder. Next thing I knew he was taking my wine glass and picking me up bridal style. Danny laid me on the bed and laid down behind me. I felt his arm wrap around my waist as I started to doze off.
     "I love you, Harp." Danny said as he kissed my neck.
     "I love you too, Danny"
A/N
I know I haven't updated in a while but I'm coming back babies ❤️❤️