Chapter 3

Harpers POV
      "Hey!" I said as I walked into the office. "Where is everyone."
      "Kono and Chin are checking out a lead and Danny should've been out front. You should've seen him." Steve replied with a smirk.
      "Well, he isn't. I found these papers on a bench out there. They are from some of Danny's files." I said to Steve. I have him the files and he shuffles through them.
He looks up at me with an extremely worried look on his face. "So where is Danno?"
      "Hey, I don't know but you've been spending too much time with him. You're thinking the worst. He couldn't be far." I replied trying to cheer Steve up but I'm starting to get worried myself. Danny wouldn't leave his files behind. "Let's go find him."
      •      •      •
     Danny's POV
     I opened my eyes and looked around. They sedated me for the plane ride. It was complete pitch black. I help my hand up about 6 inches from my face and I still couldn't even see it. They have been feeding me through a doggy door that locks from the outside. There's one window that lets some light in during the day.
      Suddenly the door opened and I was let out after they tied my hands behind my back.
      "When are you gonna kill me, huh? I've been here for about a week." I asked.
      "Oh we are not going to kill you. You are our honored guest!" The guy behind me said. "You will be released into the jungle when we are done with you. As a honored sacrifice to the Gods."
      "Oh that sounds so much better!" I replied sarcastically.
      •      •      •
     Harpers POV
      It's been about 2 weeks and we haven't found anything else about where Danny is. We are all at our wits end. We have spent every night here to the extent that HPD brought us some cots to sleep on.
     "Hey. I might have found something!" Steve said. "Wait... no we solved that, it wasn't Danny"
     He had done that about four times in the past ten minutes. I was just about to shoot him.
     "You need to stop doing that." I said coldly.
      Steve looked up, "Doing what?"
      "Getting our hopes up and then letting them down again. It's really not helping Steve." I slightly yelled.
      "What do you mean I'm not helping?!?! I'm doing way more than you in that department. You're just sitting over there on your phone!" Steve yelled.
     "For you information, Steven, I am trying to track his phone!" I screamed back.
     "Kono tried that about 4 days ago!" Steve replied.
     "IM SORRY IF SOME OF US ARE TAKING THIS HARDER THAN OTHERS!" I roared, finally loosing my temper.
     "WHY MIGHT THAT BE??" Steve roared back just as loud.
     "BECAUSE I LOVED HIM!" I screamed. I immediately regretted it. If I was going to admit it I didn't want to admit it like this. The room was dead silent.
      "Love." Kono said. I had almost forgot that her and Chin were in the room. We all have her a confused look. "You said loved. He hasn't been presumed dead...therefor it's still love" she muttered.
     "I...love...him." I said. I barely got the words out before I broke down, my body racking with sobs. I felt everyone wrap their arms around me.
     "Hey it's okay. We all miss him. We are gonna get him back." Chin said in my ear.
      "Hey, I don't mean to interrupt," Duke said walking into the office and into our moment. "You might want to see this. We found a body." 
      •      •      •
      Danny's POV
      "My friends are going to find you and kill all of you" I growled as I get pushed forward. I have been through three ceremonies and I have no idea how much time I have left until I'm thrown into the Jungle. C'mon 5-0. Find me.
      •      •      •
     Harpers POV
      The body was burnt to a crisp. There was no identifiable marks as Max stated when we got there. They decided since Danny is the only missing person listed right now that they could presume that it was his body. We were forced to close the case and now I was getting ready for the funeral.
       I heard a knock on the door and called for the person to come in. Liam enters.
     "How are you doing?" He asks.
     "Well, he's dead... and I couldn't even tell him how I really felt about him." I replied. "I feel like shit, Liam."
      "There's nothing you can do now Harp. He's gone. All you can do is honor his memory." He said softly. "Grace is going to need you in the coming weeks. You need to be there for her."
      "Isn't that Rachel's job?" I replied bitterly.
      "Rachel didn't know Danny towards the end. Grace is going to need someone who carry on his legacy." Liam told me. "For night now though, it's time for the funeral."
     We got to the funeral early because I was in the line of family and friends. There was a closed casket because the body was in such bad condition. During the ceremony I was given the chance to sing a song in Danny's memory. I began to sing Fix You by Coldplay and play guitar along with it. As I sang, there was a slideshow of pictures and videos playing on a screen next to me. I barely made it through the song. When I finished Grace ran up to me and gave me a huge hug.
     "He loved you so much Gracie. You were his pride and joy. I want you to always know that." I whispered in her ear.
      "Well, this is nice." I heard a familiar voice say from the entrance of the room. "Problem is...I'm not dead." Danny said.
      •      •      •
      "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT MATTER WITH YOU??" Steve said as we followed Danny into HQ. After he made his entrance, Danny hugged Grace and made sure she was okay before telling us to follow him.
     "Now you know how I feel." Danny said. He told us about the cult and how he got abducted and was going to be a human sacrifice. "Turns our the LAPD was already doing surveillance on the group because they were suspected to have murdered 7 others. When they saw that they got a police officer they expedited the shut down of the camp. So, I got freed."
      "Honestly gotta say, you survived 3 weeks in a cult. That's pretty impressive" Chin said as he patted Danny on the back.
     "You didn't think I could do it? I a tad bit offended!" Danny replied with a smirk.
     "Hey I'm just happy you're okay. We definitely missed you." Kono said hiving Danny a hug and smirking at me behind his back. I stuck my tongue out at her and walked into my office.
     I heard someone follow me into my office and I turned around to see Danny walking into my office. "Miss me Jones?" He said.
     "Of course, Williams. I would have to go on stakeouts with McGarrett if you weren't back..." I replied with a smirk. I wrapped my arms around Danny's neck and snuggled into his collar. His cologne smelled surprisingly good. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and we stayed there for a bit too long.
     "Sorry," Danny said as he let go. "I'm just really happy to be back."
     "It must've been hard. Being rescued by another team." I replied.
     "No I know you guys were doing everything you could. They were just really good at getting me off the island without raising any red flags. Then when they got into their own territory they would get super sloppy. LAPD did their job very well." He replied.
     "Hey," Steve popped his head in my office, "We are gonna go out for some drinks in celebration of Danny's Reincarnation. You guys coming?" We both followed him out to the cars and drove to the beachside bar that we visit often.

A/N!!
Hey!!! I was wondering how you guys like the story so far? Any comments, concerns, questions & suggestions will be totally appreciated!! Please lmk down in the comment section!!