Chapter Twenty-Five

Fragments of Memories

MIGGY

I knew she was a part of my past. I just don't know why would she hide it. But I hope, I'd figure it out soon. I stopped digging about her. I am afraid of the outcome. After all, I can'y retrieve back my memories yet.

The only thing that is not vague to me is I wanna enjoy every moment with her.

"Ang mahal naman ng gloves dito.." Nangingig itong lumapit sa akin at itinago ang kamay niya sa mga bulsa mg jacket niya.

"I see you're not used to cold places.." I said. Tinanggal ko ang scarf ko at ipinalupot iyon sa leeg niya. I stole a few seconds to stare at her eyes. What are they worrying? What is that you are hiding from me?

"Okay lang ako.." Nauutal naman nitong saad. "Simula kase nang manganak ako naging sensitive ako sa malalamig."

"I think it's normal." I said

Nang marating namin ang Giant Snow Tree ay agad itong tumakbo papalapit don. Pinicturan niya yata ang bawat anggulo. Siguro ay ipapakita niya ito sa triplets.

"Still following her?"

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang makita ko si Mommy.

"So are you." Napaigting pangang saad ko sa kanya.

"We talked about her right? " Tinanaw ko ang babaeng iyon pero hindi ko na siya makita.

"Miguel, This should be the last. or else..." Tinalikuran niya ako

"I will get rid of that girl.."

Kinusot kusot ko ang mga mata ko. Habang lumilinaw ang paningin ko ay nakita ko si Kyla na papalapit sa akin.

"Okay ka lang ba? Kanina pa kita tinatawag" saad naman nito sa akin

What just happened? What did I see? What was that? The only clear to me is my mom's face. Why is she scaring me? and who is that girl? Is it the same girl that I saw from the Truck before I had my accident?

"It's just that, I'm freaking out.."

"Bakit?" Nagaalalang tanong nito habang sinusuri ang buong mukha ko

"I just had some glimpse of my memories-" Nagulat ako nang maramdaman ko ang mga malalamig niyang kamay sa mga pisngi ko

"Those memories, they are yours.. yours alone..." She smiled. I stared at her face.. It was calming

"No one can steal it. Babalik din sila sayo..Huwag kang mag alala" Nilubayan niya ang mga pisngi ko. The warmth in the depths of her palm mellows the frantic pace inside my heart. I don't know how could she calm me, relax me and let me be at ease. I could never do it.

"Do you believe that I could finally remember everything?" I asked her.

She nodded with a smile "I have faith in you.."

It was the night of the first snow. and I just loved How I enjoyed it with someone... That I could trust.

*****************

"You see, calling me was a bad idea." After hearing my door that opened I heard his voice.

"Nandito ka daw for a show. I just took my chance.." Nagsalin ako ng whisky sa isang baso. Liningon ko siya at iniabot ko ito sa kanya