The buzzer rang indicating that half time was over.

"Come on Melo. If you want me to leave I'll leave." I said pulling him up.

He wiped his tears. "Naw don't leave."

"Ok, but promise me you'll do your best?"

"Bet," We did our handshake.

——————
I returned to my seat.

"Bitch, where are my fries?" Jada asked

"I couldn't get them."

"Why?"

"Cause me and Melo has some business to handle."

"Aight, when you gone get them though?"

"Girl, get them yourself." I said laughing.
————

It was end of third quarter and LaMelo now had 19 points , 7 rebounds and 8 assists. He's doing so much better.

"LETS GO CHINO HILLS!" I started yelling. We were winning. The score is 78-89.

LaMelo stole the ball and ran down the court for a fast break. He through it off the backboard and Big O came and dunked it.

LaMelo scanned the crowd and blew a kiss towards me. I blushed.

—————
Chino hills won the game 88-99. I'm so proud of my sons.
LaMelo finished with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. A triple double.

My friends and I went to go congratulate them.

"Ayye, my sons did well." I said dapping them up.
"I would hug you guys, but you're sweaty." I chuckled.

"Now it's your turn to play and you better drop, 40." Big O Said again.

"Boy please, you didn't even drop 40,"

He rolled his eyes and began to get his stuff together.

"Good job, Melo,"

"Thanks," he said hugging me.

"Ewww, you're sweaty," I laughed.

"You think I care? Cause I don't," he shrugged.

"AYE, YOU LOVE BIRDS SHOULD GET OFF THE COURT," we heard Lavar.

I laughed. That man is too loud.

But now it's my turn to play.

"Aye, good luck. I hope you play well,"

"Thank you," i smiled.

Jada, Iris and I went to go get changed. And after that we warmed up with our team.

It's game time now.

"Ok girls, do your best out there. But don't let anyone get on your nerves because these girls are aggressive." Coach Anderson said looking at each of us. "Ok, Chantelle lead the chant,"

"LADY HUSKIES ON THREE. ONE TWO THREE..."

"LADY HUSKIES." We all yelled.  We stomped our feet and started making wolf sounds to get hyped up.

————-
"Bet you can't guard me," number 14 kept saying in my ear.

I was about to go off on her but I have 3 fouls already and it's only 2nd quarter.

I dribbled the ball, driving to the net and getting the layup in.

It's my job to guard number 14 and she has the ball right now.

"Come here, come guard me," she said.

I payed her no mind. She started doing all these fancy tricks with the ball.

"Come at me!"

I stayed low while guarding her as she tried to cross me up. She drove to the net and out of no where, someone stuck their foot out for me and I stepped on it.

I fell to the floor holding my ankle. That shit hurt like hell.

My coach came running onto the court as tears streamed from my eyes. My mom and dad came as well.

From the corners of my eye, I had seen number 14 and some other girl high fiving. That's it. I tried to get up and walk towards them but to many people were around me.

"She's not worth it Chantelle," I hear Tristan say.

LaMelo pushed his way through.

"Chantelle! Oh my gosh," he put his hands on his head.

The ambulance came so there wasn't much he could say.

"My parents were in there with me as my siblings rode with Darrion and Melo with his family.

The game had to continue.

We arrived at the hospital. The doctor started examining my ankle and what he told me was devastating.

———-

Excuse any mistakes please.

What do you think the doctor will tell her?

Sorry I was gone for so long. School has just made me so stressed. But i love all of you for reading to this point.

Why his hair look like that? It don't look horrible tho🤷🏽‍♀️