Chap 20

LaMelo POV

I had sat on the bench trying to shake off my nerves before my family came. Why am I getting nervous?

Well for one, my girlfriend is gonna be watching me play for the first time.

My feelings quickly left as soon as I heard my dads loud voice.

"HOW YOU DOING SON?" He asked walking towards me with Lonzo, Liangelo and my mom, Tina.

"Good," I said.

"ALRIGHT MAKE ME PROUD OUT THERE SON!"

"Ok dad," I said silently wishing this man could shut his bald headed ass up.

I got changed and started warming up with my team. The boys are playing first and the girls are after.

I scanned the crowd, looking for Chantelle. Making sure she's wearing my jersey.  I saw her laughing with Jada, Kaila, Jazmine and Iris.

Now it's game time.

—————
"AND COMING IN AT NUMBER ONE, HES SIX FEET FIVE TALL AND IS ON OF THE BALL BROTHERS, WE HAVE LAMELO BALLLLLL!"
The reporter yelled.  I came and started highfiving my teammates.

I shook out my nerves as I got ready to play.

—————-
Chantelle POV

"WOOOO" I yelled as Chino Hills scores a point. They weren't doing so well. Especially LaMelo. I know he can do better and I don't know why he isn't.

"COME ON MELO! WHY ARE YOU MISSING LAYUPS?!" I hear Lavar yell. 

It's almost half time and Chino Hills is down by 18 points.

"Hey guys, imma go get sole fries so I'll be right back."

"Girl, get me some too," I hear Jada say.

"Fine."

BEEP. The half time buzzer sounded.

I looked back to see LaMelo jogging to the locker room.

That's strange. I thought.

I stopped in my tracks and started heading towards the guys locker room. I see LaMelo with his head in a towel.

"Hey,"I spoke gently.

He looked at me and didn't say anything at first.

"You need to leave," he finally said.

Rude much. I thought.

"Why?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Because, you're the reason I have only 5 points and 6 rebounds!" He yelled. He pushed pass me.

Who does he think he's talking too?

I followed after him and pulled him back into the Locker room.

"Sit your ass down, boy"

"Make me" he replied.

"Look, I'm not finna act like your mom but you can't take your anger out on me."

All of a sudden he started to cry.

Did i say something wrong?

"Yo," I say coming towards him. I start to rub his back.

"I'm getting nervous because of you! You make me feel some type of way and I just don't know how to handle it and my dad is gonna get mad at me and I'm moving and-."

"Shhhhhh, calm down, you need to calm down." i spoke.

I've never seen Melo like this, but I am good with people.