“I brought marshmallows.” Ash sang and got out a bag of marshmallows. She opened it while Michael handled us all a stick. She grabbed a few and stuck them on the stick, then passed the bag to Lilith. “So what pack are you from, Eric?”

“Molisha pack, you?”

“Sunrise pack.”

“We’re from Stella pack.” Mitchell answered for his brother and himself.

“None”. Sam murmured.

“None.” I agreed.

“That’s weird. Two in a roll. You guys were abandoned together or something? How you have no pack?”

Sam looked at the ground and I glanced at my hands. “It’s complicated.” She mumbled.

“So what happened in the meeting?” I asked curiously.

Sam snorted. “Nothing at all. If it went for 6 minutes, it was a lot. They just told us congratulations you have three days to get the fuck out of here, yada yada and then they left us, telling us they had to solve something out.”

“Oh.”

We heard some rustling and we all glanced to where the sound came from. Sebastian appeared and I grinned happily. He had a shirt on, kind of disappointed about that, but at least the girls wouldn’t be able to ogle.

“Yo.” The twins greeted him and he nodded at them while walking towards me. I watched him until he sat next to me and kissed my cheek in greeting. I glanced around and saw Ash and Lilith grinning, while Sam and Eric were frowning.

“I-I never introduced you guys.” I whispered shyly and pointed at each one. “This is Sam, Eric, uh I think you know the twins, and Lilith and Ashley. And this is my mate, Sebastian.”

They all greeted him and he nodded in acknowledgment.

“Well, this may be the only time we will be able to hang out because we got until the day after tomorrow to decide which pack we are moving to and the next day we are off.” Ash pouted.

“It’s not like it’s going to be the last time we see each other, I think.” Lilith mumbled.

Sam gave me the marshmallow bag and I grabbed a few, sticking them into the stick and placing it above the fire. I handle the bag back to Ash.

“Let’s be honest, it is going to be the last time we’re going to see each other. We are all moving to different packs, except maybe you two because you got twins. And in a few months, we are probably going to get claimed and we will reach boring life where we have to do everything the Alpha tells you until you die, having no place for visiting friends far away.” Sam sighed.

“There goes our hope.” Ash frowned.

After my marshmallows were ready, I pulled the stick back and ate them, Sebastian stealing one from me which I just smiled.

“Who wants strawberries?” Ash got out a pack and my night just brightened with that.

“I love strawberries.” I grinned like a little kid when she handle them to me. I grabbed five and handled the pack to Sam. I eat them happily, giving one to Sebastian who was chuckling at me. I stuck my tongue at him and ate his strawberry. No strawberry for you.

“So this is as interesting as life could get?” Lilith groaned.

“Don’t worry, babe.” Mitchell purred at her. “I’ll make life interesting for you.” and gently bit her neck, making her giggle. I blushed, embarrassed.

I looked at Sebastian again and saw him lighting up a cigarette. I frowned at him. Addicted, I knew it. He smiled apologetically at me but I kept frowning. I glanced around and saw that everyone was chatting away happily and I smiled at that but then my eyes landed on Eric and saw that he was watching me with a dark smile, my smile dropped. I scooted closer to Sebastian, and he tightened his arm around me.

I stopped looking at him and stared at Ash who leaned towards us. “Is that good?” she stared at Sebastian.

He glanced at her, uninterested. “Hmm?”

“That shit in your mouth.”

He blinked at her. “It’s okay.”

“How does it feel?” Lilith asked him and he furrowed his eyebrows. “Uh, good?”

“Not that,” She rolled her eyes at him. “Not being able to control your wolf.” Now everyone was leaning towards us, eager to hear his answer.

He tensed a little and I moved uncomfortably and he gripped me against him.

“I’m not going to answer that.” He stated in a hard tone and threw a cold stare at her. But she ignored it. “Come on, just a small answer. That’s the only question I’ll ask tonight.”

“No.”

Lilith pouted and leaned back. “This is harder than I thought.”

“Anyway,” Michael tried changing the subject, and I was glad. “Anyone heard of that new lycanthrope movie coming out?”

“‘Arise of the Demons’ I think it’s called.” Mitchell furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

“‘Lycanthropy Rising’” Lilith corrected.

“Stupid humans.” Eric snorted. “They know nothing. They can’t even notice that we live among them.”

“Thank the Goddess for that or they will be hunting us down.” Ash said. “No peace for us.”

“Some know.” Everyone’s eyes trailed to me, Sam eyes warned me not to say anything else. “I-I mean, so-some must know.”

“Maybe you’re right.” Lilith nodded in thought, and all of them stopped staring at me and went on with their new conversation. That was a close one; I shouldn’t have spoken at all. Sebastian threw the cigarette away and pulled me in between his legs and I lay against his chest in content. Ash handled me the pack of strawberries again and told me to finish them and I happily did. I offered some to my mate, which he gladly took. Guess he likes them as well.

“What time is it?” I asked him and then a yawn escaped me. I felt him shrug. “Must be around midnight. Want to head to bed?”

I nodded. “Yes, please.”

We both stood up and I hugged the girls goodnight while waving at the guys, except Eric, he freaks me out. I grabbed Sebastian hand and he guided us out of the forest and into his room.

I purred in delight when I lay down on his soft bed in just a t-shirt of his. He chuckled and lay next to me in just his boxers. “I forgot to give you something.”

I turned to stare at him and saw him removing one of his necklaces. “Oh, you don’t have to.”

He went and put it on my neck. “I must.” I looked at him and whispered out a thank you.

“You’re welcome, Sweetheart. But you must not tell anyone that the necklace has a spell. It is a forbidden spell and they will not take it lightly.” I nodded.

“Why did you told me before you knew I was your mate?” I asked him in confusion.

“I just-” He hesitated. “When I saw you coming towards us in the hallway. In that simple blue dress of yours, and your black hair bouncing lightly after each step you took. And those mesmerizing grey eyes glistering with the moonlight and let’s not forget that blush.” He purred. “From that moment, I knew. I just knew.”

I stared at him with wide eyes. “K-knew what?” His dark blue eyes met my grey ones, and I swear right there, I could see right into soul.

“That you were destined to be mine.”