shit universes + tip

WHY DO HALF THESE FICS HAVE POORLY WRITEN UNIVERSES AND BADLY WRITTEN LAWS FOR THOSE UNIVERSES??

an example would be those fics where the main character has superpowers. But instead of building them up and having the character learn to use their powers and gain control and even having their character fail with the strength of their powers — their character automatically knows everything?

Also when they suddenly gain new abilities? I think I actually saw this in a BNHA fanfic where the oc has a quirk but then used it for different things? But then changed it half way through?

You need to create basic laws for your characters with superpowers.

For example — a character who only produces fire from their hands and body maybe shouldn't be able to suddenly light things on fire with their mind. And if they are build up to it. Have it be in the extreme circumstances like close to death and their brain overloads!

Or a character who can manipulate the gravitational force of thing around them, maybe the physics law is that the gravitational force of the item is effected but it makes them the centre? So they can float objects towards themselves as well a people but they can't effect themselves and fly.

—————
Here's my tip - I recently found out about a site called notebook.ai
I created an account and there I have made a new universe for one of my books.
There I can write details about the character I never thought about, I can link them to other characters which show on that characters profile. I can chose her motives, her allies and enemies, I can add notes, I can link items to her and have origins for those items. I can add cities and with the universe I've created I can write the limitations of that world ect.

It's amazing and free. And you can create hundreds of universes.