The Start of Something

It was one of those, "grab what you could" for dinner days. Moms legs were hurting, cause she had forgotten to pick up her medicine. The Stranger (my dad, who Had put me through hell and back, and I didn't consider him as a dad. He was more like a stranger to me.)was staying late at work thank god. I skipped dinner and went up into my room. I opened my computer, put on some music as I read for summer reading. Next thing you know I hear my mom calling me. "Oh Lordy this out to be good" I said as I slowly walk towards my bedroom door. I ran down the steps to find my mom placed at the bottom of the steps. "What are doing up there? probably on that stupid phone of yours! I'm telling you I'm gonna take it away if u don't get your fat lazy self up and do something". Little does she know I was reading and that I'm not lazy. While they pretend I'm invisible, I go outside and walk by myself. I don't have many friends. Yet she still just accuses me, never asks to see what I was really doing. And little does she know that "stupid" phone is probably the only thing keeping me here any longer. It lets me escape from reality. I just listen to her yell at me. I'm used to it. After she was done with her speech I went back upstairs and continued reading.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* . Ugh. I must have fallen asleep. Time to get ready to go through pure torture at school. So as I got ready I played some music. Messy bun, jean shorts, flats and a plain tank top I decided was what I was gonna wear. After I was all dressed and ready I grabbed my stuff and walked out the door (since I never eat breakfast). I hate the bus. Since no one from my school lives near where I live in these town houses, they all pick on me just because of where I live. Pathetic. So as I walk to school this kid catches my eye. Tall, skinny, dark flippy hair, Hershey chocolate eyes. He was gorgeous. But as I've learned, guys can have looks but be epic douche bags. O.M.G. He was walking towards me. Why was he walking towards me?!?!? Act cool Leisi. Cool. Confident. Smooth. Next thing I know he's standing right in front of me. "Hi I'm Triston,Triston Tyler". I was in shock. This doesn't just HAPPEN. A guy doesn't just walk up to me. "Who sent you? " I said. "Hahaha, so funny" I yelled. "What?" He said. "Who sent you?" I repeated. He looked confused.

OK. Maybe no one sent him. But why was he walking up to ME of all people. "Never mind " I said "Where are u from". "I just moved here, I'm trying to find my way to Thomas High School" he said, "do u know it". "That's where I'm heading. You can come along". "Thanks, and I didn't catch your name". "I'm Leisi (Lee-Cee)". This could be the start of something new.