Chapter 7

As soon as my shift ended, I raced home quickly. I changed out of my work clothes, and hopped in the shower.

I showered quickly, and stepped out. I didn't have time before Adam would be here to blow dry my hair, so I just twisted it into a French braid.

I walked over to my closet, and picked out a nice pair of jeans, and my favorite band shirt. I re-applied my makeup, and grabbed my purse.

Just as I was turning off the lights of my apartment, I heard a knock at my door.

I walked over, and opened it. Adam was smirking at me, leaning against the door jamb.

I giggled because he looked like he was modeling for something.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked.

"Yep, let's go!"

He grasped my hand, and we walked out of my apartment, and down the stairs to his car.

He opened the passenger side door for me.

"Ha! I beat you to it!" He said playfully.

I rolled my eyes in a joking way, and got inside.

He walked around to the driver's side, and got in.

He started the car, and we were on our way.

I was a little bit nervous. I didn't usually start going to the guy's house until at least a month in. Adam and I had only been together for 1 day.

The thing is, I felt comfortable with Adam. I felt safe as well. Adam made me happy.

About 20 minutes later, we were pulling up into the driveway of this beautiful house.

I tried to refrain my mouth from dropping open.

"This is your house?"

Adam smirked. "Um, yeah..why? Is it ugly?"

I laughed, still in awe, "No, no, of course not. It's beautiful."

Adam laughed too. "Good."

We parked, and Adam walked around to my side of the car, and opened the door for me. I let him, because I was still staring at the house.

I felt a little bit shitty. My apartment was a bathroom compared to his house.

I sighed, and Adam wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a smile.

I looked up at him. "You're never gonna wanna step foot inside my apartment again. Hell, I don't wanna step foot inside my apartment again. Your house makes mine look like a shack. Are you sure I'm good enough for you?"

Adam looked shocked at my words, and stopped me from walking any farther.

"Of course you're good enough for me, Cassie. What kinda question is that? If you weren't, I wouldn't bring you here. Stop that!" Adam kissed me quickly, and I smiled against it.

"I guess you're right." I said.

Adam smirked. "I know I'm right. Now, come on. Let's go inside."

I rolled my eyes playfully as he grabbed my hand and we walked up to the front door.

He unlocked it, and not a second after we stepped inside the threshold, a little puppy ran up to us.

My eyes widened, and a smile spread on my face.

"Awww, Bones! You're adorable!" I pet him for a few seconds, and looked up at Adam, who looked surprised.

"Wow, you are a fan."